HoraciMacias
I'm trying to login a station remotely, from a custom application talking to AES/SMS.
I remember reading somewhere that IPRegistrations can be used to do that but I'm having some trouble testing this.
I'm getting the following response when sending an "IPRegistration enable":

Response {
var $result_code = 1
var $result_data = ''
var $message_text = '1 00000000 5bc5 "ip-registration" is an invalid entry; please press HELP
'
}

Is there any special licensing I need to be able to do this?
Can I login/logout stations remotely using IPRegistration or any other operation in SMS?

thanks,

Horaci
HoraciMacias
I've found the place where I read this; it's the AES/SMS FAQ on this same website:

How to develop an application that allows operators to log in to IP phones without using the buttons on the physical device? Q

A There are Application Enablement Services (AES) API called System Management Service (SMS) which supports a subset of the commands allowed at the System Access Terminal (SAT). In release 4.0 of AES, working with 3.X and 4.0 of Communication Manager (CM), this API supports one of the required commands associated with the SA8420 service (enable ip-registration). Alternatively, to perform call center Agent login and logout, both JTAPI/TSAPI and DMCC APIs can use feature access codes to log agents in and out. DMCC can also push buttons on the station it is monitoring which allows a more static configuration behavior.

My question is then, is this supported with CM 5.2?
Can somebody please provide usage examples?
Does this need any special licensing on AES or CM?

thanks,

Horaci
JohnBiggs
I sent you some information about SA8520 via direct email.

To your questions:
is this supported with CM 5.2? yes
Can somebody please provide usage examples? see the email
Does this need any special licensing on AES or CM? on CM SA8520 must be enabled on the 'ch sys special' form (which is a licensed feature). If you are using 3.x or 5.x no licenses on AE Services are required . For 4.x you must have at least one System Management Service license.
HoraciMacias
thanks John for the quick reply.

Last question; the "IPRegistration enable" method I'm describing should allow remotely telling a phone to switch to another extension.

Is there any way to remotely tell a logged off phone to log in with a specific extension?
JohnBiggs
not that I can speak intelligently about...

There is something called 'Unnamed Registrations' I keep running across that apparently is applicable to this situation, but I have not researched it, nor understand its behavior/limitations. Login to the www.avaya.com/support portal and do an InSite search for 'Unnamed Registrations' and start reading.. it appears promising.
HoraciMacias
great, I'll have a look at that.

thanks again John,

H
AmornPholvivat
Hi John,

Can I also request information about SA8520 via direct email? because I have requirement from customer about remote logon and logoff IP Station and OneX Portal station.

In addition can we customize that after station log off it will automatic activate call forwarding to employee mobile?
JohnBiggs
I sent a copy to your gmail account.

Feature activations (button pushes, dialing FAC's or using CTI to activate a feature) need to be done while the station is in service.

If you are going to use provisioning to enable 'enhanced call forwarding' via the station form that can be done when the station is in or out of service.
PritiMachhi
Hi John,

Even I am trying to achieve remote station login/logout. Can I also request information about SA8520 via direct email?

Thanks,
Priti
JohnBiggs
Done.
PritiMachhi
Thanks John
PritiMachhi
If I understand correctly once you have SA8520 license runing on AES, from my client application I need to run the command below to change station default extension to logged user extension.

enable ip-registration old OLD new NEW mac MAC

Document says that MAC is optional, does that mean it will be detected automatically by the Communication Manager from the old extension as the station is already registered with the old extension?

Which command will log off the station to default extension?
JohnBiggs
I would not use the terminology 'default extension'. In this context it will get you in trouble. There is no 'default' there is just a binding between an extension and a station. That binding can be established by the physical station, and it can be altered through SA8520.

The MAC is known by the pre-existing registration for the old extension. It is in the command structure as a safety mechansm. If the MAC you supply does not match that of the old station extension, the request will fail (you are not modifing the station you 'think' you are modifying.

If you want to 'return' the station to the 'original' extension it registered with, your application will need to remember that, use another enable ip-registration to accomplish that.
PritiMachhi
Thanks for your quick replies.

I want my application to log the user to his/her extension to the IP Phone when they log in their workstation and logoff to the original extension when they logoff their workstation. As their workplace keep changing they will be connected to the IP Phone on the desk they are seated, which means they will have different Original extension and MAC address. Ofcourse the New extension will be one for each user.

If I want my application to use the command
enable ip-registration old ORIGINAL new NEW mac MAC

my application will have to first retrive the ORIGINAL extension and MAC address of the IP Phone to which the user workstation is connected to.

How do I retrieve the ORIGINAL extension and MAC address of the IP Phone to which the user workstation is connected to?
JohnBiggs
most applications approach this problem like this

Each workstation is assigned a phone, and that phone an extension (i.e. X).
The phone logs into extension X when it boots.

User Y sits down at that workstation and logs in to the PC. The application then switches the phone extension associated with that PC (database lookup) to user Y's extension.

When user Y logs out, the application switches the telephone back to extension X....

This requires that there are perhaps W (# of workstations) extra extensions available to play this shell game with.
Go to:   
Mobile view