BenHoover
I need to write an application that will occasionally need to place a call and play an announcement to the far end when they answer. I will then need to detect DTMF and take an action depending on the digit pressed. Is it possible to play a recording using the TSAPI interface? Can I get DTMF detect events using TSAPI? I see that the DMCC SDK allows for the playing of audio files but I don't see it mentioned anywhere with respect to TSAPI.
MartinFlynn
HI Ben,

You will not be able to detect DTMF using TSAPI. You will need DMCC.

Playing an announcement using TSAPI is not trivial. The simplest solution would be to Single Step Conference an integrated announcement into the call. However, this is not possible. There are several threads in these forums which cover this topic. One of the more informative is https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/forum/d_forum_3.jsp?t=3327&f=26 .

Martin
BenHoover
Thanks for the quick reply. Is it possible (using either TSAPI or DMCC) to place an outgoing call from some kind of virtual extension (not associated with a physical device)? This is the scenario I am trying to achieve: our product does real-time call analysis and when a defect in an agent's call is detected I want to place a call to a supervisor, play them an announcement telling them which agent has reached a defect state, and then either let the supervisor listen to the agent's call or barge into it depending on the DTMF that is detected. Is this scenario possible with any of the API's?
MartinFlynn
I would recommend the DMCC API. It's designed to handle those kind of operations. It would be a struggle to get TSAPI or JTAPI to do the same thing - if it's possible at all.

Martin
BenHoover
Ok it looks like DMCC is the way to go. The one outstanding concern I have though is if I will have the ability to make an outgoing call from some "virtual" extension. Can I register my application as an extension and make outgoing calls using that?
MartinFlynn
Yes. That's how it works.
Go to:   
Mobile view