Anonymous

Hi,

I'm executing GenerateDigits and I can hear the digits but the durations are not accurate. When recording the audio with a external device then analyzing the audio file I see that the digits and pauses are sometimes greater than what I told the switch.

For example, I have 80ms tone duration and 80ms pause duration. Some of the tones being generated are 80ms but some are as long as 100ms. Same goes for the pauses. None seem to be shorter than 80ms though. 20ms doesn't seem like a lot but when you send a 17 digit string with 80ms duration and 80ms pause it could take 660ms longer to finish than it should.

Since Avaya doesn't give me a "I'm done generating tones" event I start a timer when I get the OnGenerateDigitsResponse event to know when the tones should be done. Since the tones and pauses aren't 80ms my timer is "early" and the tones are getting cut off (because I assume it's done and put the call on hold).

Is this a known issue? Is there a percentage for error that I can code for? In testing it seems that it could be up to 25% longer than the durations I sent to the switch.

I'm using ServiceProvider 6.2.0.29.

Thanks in advance,

Adam Eurich
AdamEurich
Not sure why but this posted as "anonymous". I posted it.
Anonymous

Adam, I can't help you resolve the GenerateDigits issue but I would like to know; how are you recording the tones?

I'm recording via Single Step Conference but can't seem to get the it to record when I use GenerateDigits from the dashboard.
AdamEurich
My customer is actually recording it for me for troubleshooting purposes. I think they are just hooking the line up to a device and recording it that way.
MartinFlynn
What version of Communication Manager are you using? What Media processor?
AdamEurich
By "Media processor" do you mean the version of the AES?
MartinFlynn
The Media processor is a card on the Communication Manager that handles media. It is probably where the DTMF tone is generated.

I very much doubt that your problem is due to anything happening on the AE Services. Most probably it just passes the requested values to the Communication Manager where the tone is generated.

Martin
AdamEurich
CM:

SOFTWARE VERSION
Memory Resident: R016x.02.0.823.0
Disk Resident: R016x.02.0.823.0

TRANSLATION DATE
Memory Resident: 10:10 pm TU NOV 12, 2013
Disk Resident: 10:10 pm TUE NOV 12, 2013
Disk Second Copy: good

AES:
SW Version: r6-1-2-32-0

Media Processors:
IP MEDIA PROCESSOR TN2602 A P HW28 FW064 01 02

MartinFlynn
Hi Adam,

There are a huge number of factors which can effect DTMF tones. It is possible that the tones are not generated by the Communication Manager. it is also possible that a 20mS variation in duration may be considered to be within tolerances.

Can you describe the setup being used? For example:

o How & where is the tone recorded?
o I presume this is an inter-switch call. What switches are you using? What trunks?
o What codec is being used? Are different codecs in use?

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view