MohamedVallanchira
Hi,

Is it possible to through an event in a sub module, and catch it in the calling application or the main application AppRoot.

If not what is the best approch to achive it.

Thanks & Regards
Shakeel
SamareshKowshik
The reusable module is going to run independently from the main app, for the most part. However, you can pipe information into and out from it. One way to capture module exceptions and information in the main app is to use Output Parameters in the module. You can pair that with the ddLastException variable, if you wish, and output any and all exception values back from the module. In the main app, when you import the module, you'll see those output values in the wizard. Then, once you've dragged the module into your flow, edit the node and you can create Module Output palette items to set variables with the exception values.
MohamedVallanchira
Thank you, I understand the point now.

I have another query reqarding the performance impact on using modules extensively. We are in the stage of designing a heavy application (Banking Application), will it be a good idea to use modules extensively, will it affect the performance part. Say if we design a module for dynamic menus, which will be used each time a menu is required. And we will have modules for all common operations. Please advice.

Also is there any best practices for using modules. any documents if available.

Thanks & Regards
Shakeel
NeilGoldsmith
There shouldn't be any significant impact to the efficiency of your application by using modules. The OD Developers Guide that comes with your OD installation is the best source for information on modules.
MohamedVallanchira
I am going through the OD developer guide, but it gives less information from the performance level. Since modules are actually completly different applications, I feel there could be some performace concerns.

Also I am not clear from the document, regarding using the module i subdialog mode and local call mode. What is the difference. Again any concerns from performance point between the two modes.

Thanks & Regards
Shakeel
ShwetaBehere
Just like Neil said, there shouldn't be any significant impact to the efficiency of your application by using modules
Go to:   
Mobile view