SeowLengNg
Hi,

I would like to call a vxml application with URL below:

Eg. https://cfserver:29290/cf/Startcall?BrowserName=AVP&AgentID=1234&LANG=EN

where the AgentID & Language value are collected by my VXML Application in DD.

My question is how should i call this URL and passing in the parameter from my vxml application? Or i must create another application like CCXML to trigger it?

Please advise.
Thank you!

WilsonYu
Basically, from one vxml app, you usually need to call another vxml app by using the subdialog element. The usage of the element is documented here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/#dml2.3.4

If you develop the calling vxml app in OD, OD provides the tool for you to import the external app and add it to the palette. It still uses subdialog as this vxml standard.

In terms of passing parameters, the example url shows that Startcall is a servlet type of node. Since it is a servlet, it can take parameters and generate the appropriate vxml for the voice browser.
SeowLengNg
Dear Wilson,

The problem is i don't have the source code of external app and the external app is not done by OD.

Can you provide me any doc or sample code that is using servlet to call a vxml app.

Thank you so much!
WilsonYu
Since you are calling the external app from OD, you don't need to use a custom servlet. You can import the external app as a module using the Import tool. Please refer to the Using the Export Orchestration Designer Project Wizard section of the AAOD_DevGuide.pdf document. Bear in mind that you would have to know the url and the parameters of the external app.
SeowLengNg
Dear Wilson,

As last informed, i don't have any source file or war file of the external apps, i just can call that URL to launch the call flow.

Import it as a module cannot be work, so hope you can guide me how to use servlet to lauch an external vxml apps.
Thank you so much!
WilsonYu
You can put in a fake url and change later when you deploy.
Even if you use a servlet, you would have to hard code the url. You still need to know the parameters before hand in either way.
WilliamCarson2
I am doing something very similar.

In our lab I will be using at test URL, but in production, it will be a different URL.

How do I change the URL later when I deploy?

Thanks,
Bill
WilsonYu
You can refer to the following section of the DevGuide doc or online-help:

Deploying a new version of a module in an application

Look for the mentioning of "entry point"
Go to:   
Mobile view