JasonSmith
Hello again,

We have a situation where we do a single step transfer call to a hunt group. The call goes and gets delivered to a new agent. The issue is that this new agent is not able to do a single step transfer call after they get the call. Below is an example of the xml sent and received for the single step transfer. Any help will be appreciated.

**** Invoke ID: 169 ****
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SingleStepTransferCall xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3">
<activeCall>
<deviceID typeOfNumber="other" mediaClass="notKnown">864044:SWITCHNAME:192.168.##.###:0</deviceID>
<callID>148</callID>
</activeCall>
<transferredTo typeOfNumber="other" mediaClass="notKnown">866402:SWITCHNAME::0</transferredTo>
</SingleStepTransferCall>

**** Invoke ID: 169, Device ID: ****
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CSTAErrorCode xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3"><systemResourceAvailibility>resourceBusy</systemResourceAvailibility></CSTAErrorCode>
DaveBurritt
Jason:

It looks like the error code is stating that the resource is busy.

Are you trying to transfer the call to someone who does not have an available line appearance? Please note that in CM, the last line appearance is reserved for outgoing calls.

So, if a phone has three line appearances and the first two are active on a call, then you will not be able to place a call to that station until one of the first two line appearances become available.

Dave

Dave
JasonSmith
As a followup, I have experimented with the Dashboard application and tried a few different methods. If I place the call on hold, and make a new call and transfer, the call can be picked up by another agent and that agent can place another transfer. But as stated below, any single step transfer will fail. If this is related to the line appearances, how can i make a line appearance become available on the device without losing the call?
tombaker
I am seeing the same behaviour but using JTAPI. If I make a single step transfer using the JTAPI method call.transfer(String deviceToTransferTo) it works fine. But once a phone has made one single step transfer it is not able to make any more.

This is the exception:
com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.TsapiResourceUnavailableException: CSTA Error: 33

The error code indicates resource busy.

It seems like the AES server or something underneath has a problem.

Is there a way to force the Avaya jtapi to refresh itself?
JoelEzell
Hi Tom,

This does indeed sound fishy. Please open a ticket with the "Technical Support" link. If this turns out to be a bug (seems likely) you will not be charged for the support.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joel
KevinSecker
Hi all,

We are facing the same error now, error 33 etc.

Are you please able to advise how this was resolved for you?

Thanks

Kev
JohnBiggs
If I recall properly this was an issue in the JTAPI SDK. are you using the latest version (you can use newer versions with older AE Services servers as long as you honor the protocol version that is negotiated)? What version of AE Services are you using? Have you enabled TSAPI Trace in AE Services and looked at the g3trace file to see if AE Services is getting the second request? and if so what response Communication Manager is returning?

Look in the TSAPI FAQs for one with "tracemask" for instructions on enabling TSAPI tracing. Alternatively if your AE Services server is release 6.3 there is an option to do it from the web interface.
JohnBiggs
If I recall properly this was an issue in the JTAPI client. are you using the latest version (you can use newer versions with older AE Services servers as long as you honor the protocol version that is negotiated)? What version of AE Services are you using? Have you enabled TSAPI Trace in AE Services and looked at the g3trace file to see if AE Services is getting the second request? and if so what response Communication Manager is returning?

Look in the TSAPI FAQs for one with "tracemask" for instructions on enabling TSAPI tracing. Alternatively if your AE Services server is release 6.3 there is an option to do it from the web interface.
Go to:   
Mobile view