TomPurnell
This should be pretty straight forward, but I can't find anything in the documentation nor forums.

I'm trying to use Dashboard 4.2.2.60 utility to run some tests, but I'm getting the error:

"Server Connection Down Event: Code: Reason:Unable to read from socket. Socket to server has been closed."

What am I doing wrong? If this is a simple answer, please point me to some documents.
DaveBurritt
Tom:

That usually means the remote end (AES) has closed the socket.

How long after you start the session do you receive this message?

Are you opening a socket on the secured (4722) port or the unsecured (4721) port?

Dave
TomPurnell
I fill out the required fields, then click "Start Appl. Session" button and receive:

"Server Connection Down Event: Code: Reason:Unable to read from socket. Socket to server has been closed."

To your questions:
How long after you start the session do you receive this message? -- Instantly.

What port am I using?
I'm using 450 which our local Avaya system uses. I'll have to verify if that's a secured or unsecured port. In the Dashboard utility, I'm not checking the "Secure Socket" check box.
DaveBurritt
Tom:

When you enter the IP Address for "AES IP Addr" I assume that is the IP address for the Application Enablement Server and not the IP Address to your Communication Manager.

Ports 4721 and 4722 are the default ports which are configured on AES. Did someone change the default to 450?

Also, the default operation on AES is to not allow communication to AES via the unsecure port. You must go to AES and specifically enable the unsecure port if you want to use it.

Dave
TomPurnell
I'm running the Dashboard utility against a system that's been inplace for awhile (years). Yes, the ports are defaulted to 4721 and 4722, but they're changed to 450 and 451.

It seems the AES administration tool shows the TSAPI link to be unencrypted and set to port 450.

I'll verify the IP Address I have is for the "Application Enablement Server"
DaveBurritt
Tom:

Are there any messages inthe "Exceptions, Errors, and Automated Test Comments" box (bottom left of Dashboard screen)?

It really sounds to me like you are either not communicating to the AES or are using an invalid port.

Also, what version of AES are you running and what Protocol are you using to connect?

Dave
TomPurnell
Yes you are correct.

I was using the TSAPI port (450), but I should be using the DMCC port (4721) which you mentioned before.

I'm working more with our Telephony guy.

Thanks, for the help. Maybe I'll have more questions later.
Go to:   
Mobile view