AnnaGuida
Is it possible to conferance in an announcement etxn to an existing call using SingleStepConference TSAPI feature?
JoelEzell
Hi Anna,

I don't know for sure. Might I suggest you give it a try and let the rest of us know how it goes? If anybody else knows, please chime in!

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Joel
StevenLeung
I also cannot use SingleStepConference to announcement extension directly.
On the other hand, I do a SingleStepConference to a X port extension and then "SingleStepTransfer" from this X port to announcement extension. You can then hear this announcement between the original two parties.
See if this help.
JoelEzell
OK, it sounds like SSC doesn't work on the announcement extension. The reason for this is that the Communication Manager (CM) implementation of SSC forces the added parties phone off-hook (e.g. enables the speaker phone). SSC fails for endpoints where this is not possible. It must not model an announcement port internally as such a station type, and therefore the operation fails.

Rather than doing a single step conference, could you do a consult conference instead? I guess the risk there is that the very first part of the announcement could be clipped.
AnnaGuida
I cannot use the conference as you would put a party on hold and it is not the desired behaviour. Never mind, I will try something else
JoelEzell
I have placed this functionality (ability to SSC an announcement extension) on our future release "wish list". I can't promise when it will be delivered (if ever) but it is at least there for consideration.

Joel
CameliaSuciu
Has anyone found a solution to the problem of playing an announcement to all parties in a call? Does latest version of AES support adding an announcement extension to a single step conference?
JohnBiggs
while it may seem convoluted, SSC in a DMCC device (an element of your application) that puts the conference on transfer-hold, and calls the announcement extension (and waits for it to answer) and then completes the transfer to the announcement to the conference. This should also be possible using a CTI X port station instead of a DMCC device. Note that as Joel stated, you may want to make the first few seconds of the announcement silence to avoid clipping.

Depending on the pre-conditions you might be able to use DMCC to control the station, and use the no-hold-conference feature (a button push) to call the announcement extension and then complete the conference using the no-hold-conference button. I am only speculating about this second case as I dont know if the way DMCC sends button pushes for dialed digits will mesh up with the methodology for digit collection by the no-hold-conference feature (which is different than normal destination digit dialing).

If you want us to do the research, please open a Tech Support ticket and we can try these things and any other ideas we come up with, check on what happened to Joel's enhancement request and report back to you.
CameliaSuciu
Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have mentioned that I'm trying to implement this using TSAPI.
JohnBiggs
try using the cti (X-port) <phantom> station type if you have access to it. I think it requires you to have an advanced TSAPI license -- I hope I am wrong about that.
CameliaSuciu
I have tried a single step conference with an announcement, but it fails as the device to joined (the announcement) is of CSTA type "Other" and it is required to be of CSTA type "Station".

Is it possible to have an announcement on an AWOH extension?
Many thanks.
CameliaSuciu
We have set up a XPort station (2222), which plays an announcement (3333). If we dial 2222 from any agent extension we can hear the announcement.
If I try a single step conference with 2222 the conference is created successfully, but we cannot hear the announcement.
Any idea what the problem could be?
Many thanks.
JohnBiggs
To troubleshoot that I need you to open a tech support ticket. On the surface it sounds like the SSC code is not handling some event properly.

John
CameliaSuciu
Thanks John. I'll open a support ticket.
RenatoPinheiro
Are there any updates on this ssc on announcement extensions?
I really need this feature.
I tried to do it using consulting conference (I am using JTAPI for that), but I had some issues like if the call is in the middle of a transfer, the call is merged incorrectly.
Are there any other options to achieve that?

thanks
Go to:   
Mobile view