SergeiNovitsky
Dear Avaya DevConnect Experts,

Someone at Avaya was telling us that real Avaya IP phones (Hardphones) can be used with the AES / CM Simulator. We are trying to perform some internal testing, and the hardphones would be very useful. Can someone please advise me if 1) it's possible to connect hardphones to the AES/CM Simulator and 2) what phones would work?

I would appreciate a response as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Regards,
Sergei Novitsky
Sr. Software Engineer
JohnBiggs
1) yes
2) all of them (SIP, IP), (96XX and 46XX and softphones)

You will need to do some re-configuring of the simulator so you can connect the IP hard phones to it. By default it uses VMware host only mode. There are instructions bundled with the Simulator named "networking instructions.pdf" that guide you through changing the configuration from host only to one of two networked solution (either private lan, or corporate lan).

One other note is that the simulator limits you to 10 IP phones, being connected at any moment in time.
SergeiNovitsky
Dear John,

Thanks for your reply! Do you (or somebody else at DevConnect) could recommend a vendor that sells 96XX and/or 46XX phones at a discount for development purposes only?

Regards,
Sergei

JohnBiggs
I am not allowed to recommend any one business partner over another for all the obvious conflict of interest reasons. You can also search the web and ebay there are plenty of sources. I have sent you some direct email as well.

SergeiNovitsky
Thanks again for your advises! Looks like 4621/4621SW is the closest to our needs. The only thing we would like to clarify before ordering is if 4621/4621SW IP phones support agent login/logout and workmode changes. This is important for our functional testing. Based on the description, 4621SW have 24 Programmable Feature Buttons but it's not clear if those buttons can or cannot be used/programmed for the call-center functionality requests and current agent state indications (Ready / NotReady / WorkNotReady / LoggedOut).

And the last question - does 4621/4621SW include power supply (if it's required)?

Regards,
Sergei
JohnBiggs
That is a good question to ask when you enter a procurement request. I do not believe it does (i.e I don't know nor is the person I would normally ask still here today). By not bundling in the power supply a customer would save $ if you were using power over ethernet (POE) switches like the netgear FS108P or larger ones on large deployments. I also think I heard that the power supply is not tightly bundled with the power cord to allow for differences in various countries wall recepticles. (i.e. to buy a phone you have to order 3 things) You should check on that from the supplier if you don't go the POE route (hint hint).
JohnBiggs
An the agent login/out question and workmode changes.

You can provision the auto-in/manual-in/aux-work and after-call buttons on the 4621 stations.

The workmode changes are easilly effected via button pushes or abbreviated dialing buttons, with DMCC API or just plain off hook dial, on hook using DMCC or TSAPI/JTAPI APIs.

To login/logout you will need to utilize the dial codes behind abbreviated dial buttons in order to login and log out using button pushes if you are using DMCC. Both DMCC and TSAPI/JTAPI can use dial codes to login and logout.

Not sure if your current agent state indications (Ready / NotReady / WorkNotReady / LoggedOut) line up with these buttons I am familiar with however. Hopefully this is good enough to make progress.
Go to:   
Mobile view