JigarParekh2
How we can monitor VDN to get queue status? 
is this possible using Jtapi / CMAPI ?
TimSchmelmer
Jigar,

I don''t think that DMCC (formerly known as CMAPI) has these capabilities.
However, you can certainly get the queue size, etc. via Jtapi 1.3
(using the ACDAddress/getNumberQueued method, for example).

Hoping this helps,

Tim
JigarParekh2
Thanks Tim for quick response.
I was looking at ACDAddress/getNumberQueued only to get this information.

can we also monitor trunk lines for its status means they are on calls or idle using CallCenterTrunk of Jtapi.

second thing,
When i execute method  CallCenterProvider.getACDAddress() 
it returns me "Security DataBase is turned off, No List will be returned"
so how to turn on security database?

Jigar
TimSchmelmer
Jigar,

CallCenterTrunk has a getCall() method, which returns the call associated with this trunk.

Also, to enable the SDB, go to AES''s  CTI OAM Admin > Administration > TSAPI Configuration: Enable SDB, and check the box.
Make sure to restart the TSAPI service (via the CTI OAM Admin > Maintenance > Service Controller page).

Tim

JigarParekh2
Tim,

For security database i have enabled SDB and restarted TSapi service, but i am getting same error message

To give backgroud i am running AES-CM-SES simulator which has CM 3.1.2 and AES 3.1.2.

So what could be reason?

Jigar
JohnBiggs
Jigar
   I can dig into what may be occuring with the SDB on Monday when I am in the office and see what may be preventing the method from working for you on the simulator. To the best of my knowledge the SDB was already enabled when you installed the simulator. What credentials (login) are you using with the TSAPI session ?
JigarParekh2
John,

I am using aessim user which default credentials after installation without any kind of permission change.

Jigar
JohnBiggs
Jigar,
     using the TSAPI exerciser I can query the ACD status (using ATT_QUERY_ACD_SPLIT) of  split x49000 from the AES-CM-SES Simulator and see the number of calls in queue successfully. Admittedly this is not a JTAPI request, but in my mind that absolves the simulator and moves the question into the differences between JTAPI and TSAPI capabilities and  invocation.  

I assume you are enamored with the use of JTAPI over TSAPI for one reason or the other.  Like I said earlier I can look deaper into this on Monday.
JigarParekh2
John,

I have tried with avaya user also but i am getting same error "Security DataBase is turned off, No List will be returned"

Yes you are right that preferable api is JTAPI but if it doesnt support this functionality then i am not left too many with choice to move to TSAPI.

I search for TSAPI exerciser but i was not able to find on devconnect site, I only found TSAPI Client. Can you tell me from where i can get so even i can test same thing which you have tested in your lab. So we will be ensured that there is no configuration issues with AES-CM installed in our lab.

Thanks,
Jigar

JohnBiggs
Jigar,
     We reproduced the fault you are seeing when we utilized the JTAPI exerciser. We tried deleting and adding the aessim login back without success. We did however create a new login and used it to issue the request successfully.

To add a new login, start the AES OA&M Web page and login with the avaya login.  Then select 
User Management --> User Management --> Add User.
Set the User Id, Common Name, Surname, User Password and Confirm Password fields. Set ST User to "yes", and retry your query.

I will look deeper into this fault in the simulator SDB and try to have it resolved in the June release.
JigarParekh2
John,

I have created new user and called method
CallCenterProvider.getACDAddresses() 

Now it is not giving earlier SDB error, but still it gives me null only, where as i have configured around 6 vdn on Com manager, which i can see on SAT console of Com manager.

Same thing is happening with 
CallCenterProvider.getACDManagerAddresses() 

Jigar
JigarParekh2
John/Tim,

I have added device on AES administration now i have started giving ACDManagerAddress by calling method CallcenterProvider.getACDManagerAddress()

but when i call method getACDAddresses() on ACDManagerAddress, it says method not supported.

So my question remain same as started thread, how to execute ACDAddress/getNumberQueued method ?

Jigar
TimSchmelmer
Jigar,

I just consulted our team's JTAPI expert about this issue, and here is his response:
- CallCenterProvider.getACDAddresses() will give you the list of devices administered in the SDB that are ACD extensions.  You can go that route, but it will require this piece of administration.  
- Similar things apply to getACDManagerAddresses(). If you administer extensions in the SDB that are VDN extensions, then getACDManagerAddresses() will return the list of those SDB extensions that are VDNs.
- There is an alternative way to get the queue size: you need to call Provider.getAddress(s) where s is a string with the extension of the ACD.  This will give you an  javax.telephony.Address object.  If you correctly cited the extension of an ACD, then the object returned will be an instance of the more specific ACDAddress object.
[Our JTAPI implementation returns an Address object that also implements the appropriate other interfaces - another example: if the Address names the extension of a VDN, then the returned Address object will also implement the ACDManagerAddress interface, and can support those methods]
- So, to summarize the alternative: simply call Provider.getAddress(String) and then if the returned Address also is an instance of ACDAddress, conclude that that extension is also an ACD. Similarly, you can do Provider.getAddress(s) and, if s names the extension of a VDN, the returned Address object will also implement ACDManagerAddress. On these objects, you should be able to then call the getNumberQueued() method .

Hoping this helps,

Tim
JigarParekh2
Tim,

Thanks for your efforts
I tried your suggestion in two ways

I have created vdn with extension 48001 on communication manager

1) 
ACDAddress acd=(ACDAddress) myprovider.getAddress("48001");
System.out.println(acd.getNumberQueued());

This gives "ClassCastException"

2) 
           ACDManagerAddress acdMng=(ACDManagerAddress)myprovider.getAddress("48001");

ACDAddress[] acd= acdMng.getACDAddresses();
System.out.println(acd[0].getNumberQueued());

This gives "unsupported by implementation" for  "acdMng.getACDAddresses()"

so still i am not able to monitor perticular VDN on com manager

Jigar
JohnBiggs
Jigar,
    The extenstion 48001 is a VDN (vector directory number), you need to send the request with the extenstion of a hunt group. On the simulator use 49001. That is what we have been testing with. ACD is auto matic call distribution which is another term for a hunt group (so is split by the way). I do not know why there are so many terms for the same concept, probably different industry groups each putting their personal stamp on something.
Go to:   
Mobile view