MattButalla
In the release notes for v6 SP3, I see an interesting summary for ID Wi01116976. How though do I see the details of that issue? Were can I go to find this information, and info for other WIs?
NeilGoldsmith
The WI DB is behind the Avaya firewall and not accessible otherwise. Here is a description of it:

customer has reported the Log4j debug logging and savereport.log for VPAppLogClient OSGI bundle are broken under the WebSphere version 7.0.0.21.

The vpAppLogClient.log is created but the content remain empty and savereport.log is not created when the EPM is down.

SV has tested the EP 6.0 VPAppLogClientOSGI on WebSphere version 7.0.0.11 and has not found any problem.

VPAppLogClientOSGI bundle needs to work on a solution to be able to work on WebSphere version 7.0.0.21 and above.

How to reproduce:

#1, Installed WebSphere version 7.0.0.21 or above (I am using WAS 8.5.5.0):
- Installed the VPAppLogClientOSGI from the latest OD 6.0.0.1103 (6.0SP2). (If VPAppLogClientOSGI is installed prior, proceed to uninstall then install):
#2, Installed an OD app (e.g. MyTreasureMap)
#3, In EPM Application page, click on "verify" button to verify the MyTreasureMap URL
#4, Go to WebSphere installed machine, verify vpAppLogClient.log is created but the content is emtpy. The file is created under /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ext/appClientLogs/vpAppLogClient.log.

[root@VM-RH6-WAS85 bin]# ls -lt /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ext/appClientLogs/vpAppLogClient.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Aug 2 14:58 /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ext/appClientLogs/vpAppLogClient.log

#5, Make a few calls, verify the log entries are sent to the EPM by generating the Application Details report. Verify the debug log vpAppLogClient.log remains empty.

#6, Shutdown the EPM and make a few calls. Verify the vpAppLogClient.log still remains empty and no savereport.log is created.

NOTE: savereport.log.1 is actually created in the lab machine under /<epm ip>.
However, customer has very strict directory permission and that is probably why the savereport.log is not created under SunTrust machine.
MattButalla
Neil, thanks for your reply. Knowing this I now think that there is a possibility this will fix one of our current production issues.
Go to:   
Mobile view