ClausSuffel
Hello,

Our application registers some station monitors via DMCC Java API in order to receive CallControlEvents for those extensions.

After a restart of TSAPI Service on the AES Server, we do not get any further CallControlEvents.
But unfortunately, the application is not informed about the fact that the registered monitors are not operational anymore.

Is there a way to get informed about the TSAPI service outage?
How can we check, that the monitors are still operational?

Regards,
Claus

MartinFlynn
If the TSAPI service stops, your application will receive MonitorStop events for each of the Call Control monitors that exist. You can monitor for these events.

For example, with .Net:

ServiceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.OnMonitorStopEvent += new MonitorStopEventHandeler(myMonitorStopEventHandler);

void myMonitorStopEventHandler(object sender, ThirdPartyCallController.MonitorStopEventArgs e)
{
String x = e.getMonitorId;
}
ClausSuffel
We have registered an EndpointRegistrationStateListener for each monitored station.
But unfortunately, we do not receive any MonitorStop events in the case TSAPI link goes down.
We are using DMCC Java API 6.3.1.

When tracing the network communication with Wireshark, we can see that MonitorStop messages were sent from the AES to the client.

Regards,
Claus
MartinFlynn
The JTAPI SDK calls EndpointRegistrationStateListener.terminated() when it receives a MonitorStop event.

This is consistent with CallControlListener which also has a terminated() method.

To be honest, I am not sure what registrationEventNotify(MonitorStop event) is for.

Martin
GaborFenyvesi2
Hi,
From CallControlListener.terminated() method's documentation:
"A callback function which is automatically invoked on a listener previously added to a connectionID when the call has ended."
This doesn't sound like it is supposed to be called when a MonitorStop event received.
So if I add a CallControlListener to a device, will CallControlListener.terminated() be called when the MonitorStop DMCC event received by the DMCC library (for example when the TSAPI service stopped)?
Regards,
Gabor
GaborFenyvesi2
Actually my main question is if you or anybody found any solution for this problem?
Regards,
Gabor
MartinFlynn
Hi Gabor,

This thread is over a year old so I do not remember all the details of the original query. If you need me to help you, please open a technical support ticket and include a full description of your query. Please note that, for non-paid members, there is a fee for this service.

Martin
GaborFenyvesi2
Well, actually the question is quite simple: can a Java DMCC application catch incoming MonitorStop EVENTs?

Example event from DMCC Dashboard:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MonitorStop xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3">
<monitorCrossRefID>1</monitorCrossRefID>
</MonitorStop>

I did read a lot of documentation and lot of forum topics, and have not got an answer to this question yet.
I think this is not a so general question like "how to build a recording application"...

Regards,
Gabor
MartinFlynn
I have had a look at the Javadocs and I cannot see any listener that seems to handle MonitorStop.

Martin
GaborFenyvesi2
Thank you Martin.
Does anybody has any idea how to detect if our monitors stopped (CallControlListener), for example because the TSAPI link went down? Is there a "Handle unknown incoming XML" possibility or something?
Regards,
Gabor
MartinFlynn
There is a class ch.ecma.csta.system.SystemServices which the Javadocs say will provide events when a Tlink goes up or down. I have never used it so I am not sure exactly what it does.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view