RichardMudway
Hi,

I have finally managed to establish a SIP trunk between my test Asterisk and Avaya BDE (CM). I have all that I need so far, but I am not able to receive CTI messages on my Hunt Group 49000, that comes pre-setup with Avaya BDE. By this I mean that my Tsapi application says that it has successfully monitored Hunt Group Extension 49000, but I do not get any CTI messages from it when I ring it, when I know I should be.

I know that my Tsapi App works, so I am thinking that the Hunt Group may not be setup to allow CTI? Is this possible?

Can you help me understand what I need to do to get this working so I can finish my Environment?

Many thanks,

Rich.
MartinFlynn
I am sure this is described well in the TSAPI Programmers Reference but may not be in the JTAPI & DMCC docs so here goes:

1. "Monitor Device" on a Station will result in Call events such as Delivered, Established etc. It will not result in Agent events such as Agent Login.

2. "Monitor Device" on a Hunt Group will result in Agent Login and Agent Logout events ONLY. You will never receive Call events and you will never receive any other type of Agent event such as Agent Ready.

3. "Monitor Calls via Device" on a VDN will result in Call events for any call that reaches the VDN.

So, if you want to receive Call events for calls before they reach a phone, you need to setup the following:

1. Configure a Vector with a route or queue step that delivers calls to the Hunt Group.

2. Configure a VDN that uses the vector - this will be the advertised incoming number.

3. The application can now start a MonitorCallsViaDevice on the VDN.

Whenever a call hits the VDN, the application will get events.

Martin
RichardMudway
Hi Martin,

I have already been monitoring a Hunt Group Extension at all our Customers. This avoids monitoring all the individual agents and helps with sharing licenses. I am aware that I can monitor a VDN, but this is not how our Product is setup. We somehow get everything Login, Logout, Delivered, Established etc. via the Hunt Group Extension. We do monitor VDNs all the way to the Hunt Group, but im not sure if this effects the messaging. If it does then I would need to juggle my test setup to match.

So are you saying that there must be a VDN with a Vector (queue-to) in-front of the Hunt Group for this to work? I felt 99% sure that the Hunt Group Extension provided me my Call Events, but the customer may have glossed over this... I could double check with one of our customers on Monday, but can you think of any other way I could get Call Events from a Hunt Group?

Finally, for clarification, if there was a VDN in-front of my Hunt Group. Would I see call events for each Agent who receives a call in that Hunt Group, without monitoring each Agent specifically? This is important for me to understand, as I though I had this mapped out already.

Thanks.
MartinFlynn
I stand by my previous response.

From what I can see, a monitor on the VDN will get events for the duration of the call. However, there are a few caveats, generally associated with transferring to other VDNs. I suggest you have a look at the TSAPI Programmers Reference to clarify for yourself.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view