LeanneSmith2
Hi,

I need to Add one New Tab on ASGUIHOstLayout and on Left hand side Below Template i need to add one Tab called some custome Name and on that Hover/Click i need to open my Executable file ...... so whether its Possible if yes then How ? can u let me know?

Please find Attache Image for Reference

Regards,
Hardik Shah
  • [Thumb - Avaya.jpg]
[Disk] Download
CedricDSouza
This can be acheived by creating a new desktop plugin. This would need Visual Studio developement knowledge. We can share the framework to create one. but the requirement can also be acheived by creating a rule to Open an application inside EMC[img]
  • [Thumb - Custom Button.jpg]
[Disk] Download
LeanneSmith2
Hi CedricDSouza,

Thank for Reply ....

Can u share me that Framework which you are talking about....

Regards,
Hardik Shah
CedricDSouza
Hi Hardik,

You can find the installer for the framework at the following location

Ftp site : ftp.avaya.com
username : EMCTeam
Password : FtpGlobal123!!

/incoming/guests/EMCTeam/EMC 6.x SDK/Desktop Plugin

The readme file contains the instructions to install the Visual Studio template. Select the option Add tab page to document to see how to create the plugin

Regards,
Cedric
LeanneSmith2
Hi Cedric,

Thanks for Prompt Reply... i will have a look in that and let you know if find something in more details

one other thing i like to know is can i Communicate between this two Exe's in terms of Data ? is it Possible ?

Regards,
Hardik
CedricDSouza
Hi Hardik,

This depends on how the communication exists between the desktop plugin and the external exe. There are different ways to communicate between exe's in general. EMC uses .Net Remoting using genuinechannels as the underlying layer. EMC desktop plugins communicate between each other using the PIMBroker which has a GetObjectReference and SetObjectReference.

Regards,
Cedric
LeanneSmith2
Hi Cedric,

i have taken a look and create sample plugin as suggested previously,
now can u please let me know how to configure and see it in EMC as i have already set it up as suggested in Plugin's Readne File but not able to see it in EMC

Regards,
Hardik
CedricDSouza
Hi Hardik,

Check if your plugin is loaded in the desktop. You can check in Help >> About window. Also the default implementation provided puts a tab when a Voice Work item is delivered . This tab is added in the Voice Work item tab window.

The screenshot you attached earlier in the thread , Thats the place where toolwindows are docked. You can check the toolwindow creation provided in the plugin wizard

Regards,
Cedric
LeanneSmith2
Hi Cedric,

I have checked under Help >> About Window and i can see the Loaded plugins list but unable to find my Plugin name in it

I have created simple Tab window plugin on which clicked event i just put alert message for now to test but unable to get that tab window

could you please guide me on this configuration steps

Regards,
Hardik
CedricDSouza
Hi Hardik,

First check if you are using the local ini file or the configuration server. You can check this by right clicking the EMC Desktop shortcut and if it has the following format it is using the Configuration server

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\Avaya Aura CC Elite Multichannel\Desktop\CC Elite Multichannel Desktop\ASGUIHost.exe" /z CC Elite Multichannel Desktop /s 148.147… /p 29091 /a U=%%U

If the shorcut target just points to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\Avaya Aura CC Elite Multichannel\Desktop\CC Elite Multichannel Desktop\ASGUIHost.exe"

it will use the local ini file

For local ini file settings just add like this( please note even a small space in the names will not load the dll)

[Plug In Assembly List]
My Desktop Plugin = Desktop Plugin

[Desktop Plugin]
Assembly File Name = EMCDesktopPlugin1.dll

If configuration server is used then you need to edit the template at the configuration server equivalent to the setting in ini

Regards,
Cedric
LeanneSmith2
Hi Cedric,

I have checked that Properties which is as belowed format :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\Avaya Aura CC Elite Multichannel\Desktop\CC Elite Multichannel Desktop\ASGUIHost.exe" /z CC Elite Multichannel Desktop /s 10.22.32.22 /p 29091 /a M=%%M

Please Find attached configuration File which i have changes as per suggested
in that i have Added [CustomPlugin] section and make Related change in tha same

Still i m unable to get that Plugin Loaded

Regards,
Hardik
Filename ASGUIHost.ini [Disk] Download
LeanneSmith2
Hi Cedric,

I also looking for some help on Extract some data from EMC like

a. Phone Number
b. Email
c. Name
d. AccountNumber (which would actually be the prompted digits)

And is it Possible to get and Pass using Rule config ? if its possible then cann u please provide me some sample Rule for that

Actually my scenario is like when user calls then that call is handled by EMC Agent then at the same time(i.e. when Agent Pickes the Phone ) using Rule i can want to extract this mentioned info from Caller and Pass it to My application to process further
using coomand line or something

Regards,
Hardik
CedricDSouza
Hi Hardik,

Follow the instructions in the attached document to configure the new template in desktop plugin.
Regards,
Cedric
Filename New plugin at desktop.docx [Disk] Download
CedricDSouza
Hi Hardik,

Please refer to Appendix B:Rules plugin of the desktop user guide to get a list of all values that can be used through rules plugin
Please note the values available are different for different channels

Also an example of a rule is shown below. This rule passes the Caller DN of a Voice call to external application IExplore.exe and opens a URL inside EMC Desktop.

Desktop ini file

[Rules]
Rule1 = When Voice.WIDelivered Always Do ReturnEvent Container.LaunchNewExternalApplicationWindow,externalAppConfigSectionName=External Application 1,externalAppCommandLine=-noframemerging https://www.google.com.sg/#q=%CallerDN%,callIDToCloseWindowWhenCallDropped=%CallID% Then Continue Else Stop

[External Application 1]
External Application Name = iexplore.exe
External Application Command Line =
Title Text = Caller Search
Allow To Close = True

Regards,
Cedric
LeanneSmith2
Hi Cedric ,

I have try to create rule as suggested by you as u can see in attached pic and also add that setting in INI file as well
which is also attached and i have tested it by Email and i already got email but this Rule is not working so please could you guide me what is still missing or something

I just need to open and REdirect Google.com but unable to open it or u can say that rule is not working

Regards,
Hardik
  • [Thumb - test.png]
[Disk] Download
Filename ASGUIHost.ini [Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view