RossParrent
The following errors appear when testing my application on the production server environment (linux 6 x64, Java 7.060:, Apache tomcat 7.06)

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class flow.Start  ...

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: flow.Start ...

From other posts in this forum, it seems likely that the .classpath file doesn't include proper information. In fact, when inspecting the disk for the .classpath file, I don't find it. The most likely location I can discern from the articles in this forum would be in
..\webapps\<app-name>\WEB-INF\lib\.classpath << would this be correct?

There is no $CLASSPATH variable in the environment variables.

When I deploy the application and "verify" the URI in Experience portal, I receive the error above, with the more verbose listing attached.

I see the file and directory for runtimeconfig.war & runtimeconfig under webapps

Inspecting the file runtimeSupportTomcat7.zip and the server directory "/usr/apache-tomcat-7.0.26/lib", I see the same files listed, but neither "flow" nor "start" is among them, nor is .classpath.

I appreciate your help in getting to the bottom of this problem. Thanks!

Filename FlowStart-ClassNotFound.txt [Disk] Download

Ross Parrent Support Engineer | Sales Engineering | ATAC-Technicenter Highlands Ranch, CO 80129 | 720-444-8135 one number
SamareshKowshik
Do you get the same error if you run the app in simulation, in OD? The .classpath file, in OD, is located in the projects root, but is normally hidden from the view. Also, did you also deploy the runtime support files?
RossParrent
Hi Samaresh - thank you for your response. After a bit more digging, I think there is an issue with the Eclipse configuration perhaps. Inspection of the ..\WEB-INF\lib\application.jar file in the application.war file exported from OD does not show the flow directory, and therefore no the start module within it (see attached screen shot).
Looking at the "<Project> > Properties > Java Build Path > Source", I saw the "Excluded:flow/" (second screen shot). I'm wrestling with that issue now. When I remove that exclusion, setting it to "Excluded:(none)", I can't use the "OK" button on the dialog box.
Looking at the .classpath file in the OD Navigator, I had noticed an entry,
"<classpathentry excluding="flow/" kind="src" path="WEB-INF/src"/>",
which I removed. Still, no change in the exported files.
Filename DevConnect-18702-ClassPathErr.docx [Disk] Download

Ross Parrent Support Engineer | Sales Engineering | ATAC-Technicenter Highlands Ranch, CO 80129 | 720-444-8135 one number
WilsonYu
I've never seen such problem that one needs to manipulate the project properties to get the project to build properly. Do you have other projects in the Eclipse workspace that have the same problem? I don't know how the project is set up with the flow folder to be excluded in the first place.
RossParrent
Hi Wilson,
Thanks for your reply. I created a new project and exported it, and the "flow" folder was included in the export. So some corruption crept in to the project somewhere along the way. I see a couple of different possible methods to resolve:

1) stare & compare the new project to the corrupt one, attempt to identify differences and correct them in the corrupt project. The new project is muuuuch less involved, so it might be hard to identify the issue.

2) import the corrupted project to a new project, and hope the corrupted attributes are not actually an integral part of the new project, but only an attribute of the eclipse settings ? I don't know if this event makes sense to try.

Any endorsement of the above ideas, or other suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks,

WilsonYu
Have you checked and make sure the WEB-INF/classes/flow folder exists in the project?
The 2 steps you laid out seem to be logical.
Go to:   
Mobile view