DanielB
Hello,

during my development of an EDP-SnapIn some questions arised and I could not find an answer yet.

Is there somewhere a FAQ / documents where one can find code example on how to make following things with an EDP-SnapIn?
- answer a call
- transfer an call active to a different extension
- create a conference call (add other extensions/people to an active call)
- make a consulting call

I have checked the sample applications but did not find anything helpful.

Is it possible for a EDP Snap-In to answer a incoming call?
Im pretty new to the EDP topic but as far as I understand it is only possible via TSAPI/JTAPI.

This leads me to my next question.
Where can I find SourceCode and a binary for installation for the Engagement Call Control SnapIn (ECC)?
AFAIK the ECC SnapIn is using the TSAPI to answer calls. Is this correct?
Is it possible to install the ECC-Snapin into the Collaboratory Lab?

Is it possible to controll an IPT device or an Softphone from EDP, for example answer call or mute the device temporary to ignore a ringing call?

From the Avaya Engagement Development Platform Snap-in Development Guide:

Identity onBehalfOf = IdentityFactory.create("771234");
Call twoPartyCall = CallFactory.create("779999", "775555", onBehalfOf);
twoPartyCall.initiate();

In this example, 779999 would ring first. When 779999 answers, 775555 would ring. When 775555 answers, 779999 and 775555 would be talking together.

Is it possible to avoid that 779999 is ringing?
For example following scenario:
779999 starts a call to 775555 from a ClickToCall webpage, EDP-SnapIn, local application, etc..
775555 would ring.
When 775555 answers, 779999 and 775555 would be talking together.
This behaviour is available with the TSAPI/JTAPI. but afaik its not possible with EDP.
Is this correct?

Kindly regards
Daniel Bonneval
JoelEzell
Hi Daniel, Engagement Call Control is definitely what you're looking for here. You're correct that it currently uses DMCC/TSAPI on the back end, though in the future it will be able to connect directly to CM.

You can find documentation and an SDK here: http://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/engagement_development_platform/avaya_snap_ins/engagement_call_control/releases/3_1/index.gsp

Unlike JTAPI, TSAPI and DMCC, there are no client binaries. This is a REST API, so the expectation is that the API can be easily consumed from any platform without client libraries.

I'm checking on the availability of ECC in Collaboratory.
KurtHaserodt
ECC comes pre-installed in Collaboratory 3.1 and should be available in our around early November '15.
DanielB
Hello,

Is the source code of the ECC-SnapIn available?
The SDK only shows on how to use the SnapIn not how its build.
Im really keen to have a look on how these features are archived.

Is it possible to connect via the JTAPI from a PC which is connected through the VPN to the Collaboratory Lab to create calls, answer calls, etc?
Is it possible to connect via the JTAPI from an EDP-SnapIn installed on the Collaboratory Lab?
Any examples?

Thanks a lot,
Daniel Bonneval
KurtHaserodt
Is it possible to connect via the JTAPI from a PC which is connected through the VPN to the Collaboratory Lab to create calls, answer calls, etc?

Yes. If you VPN in you are given access to the AES and can configure it so that your PC is a client.

Is it possible to connect via the JTAPI from an EDP-SnapIn installed on the Collaboratory Lab?

Yes.

Any examples?

EDP 3.1 SDK has no sample apps that do this, but there are many Java samples under the JTAPI section of AES. Those would have to be converted to snap-ins (essentially J2EE applications) to run in EDP.
JoelEzell
You may alternatively want to consider using DMCC rather than JTAPI. It's a much "skinnier" client and is equally accessible on AES / Collaboratory.
Go to:   
Mobile view