BruceCameron
Hello,
First my apologies if this is the wrong board. First time here.

My company is using Avaya One-X Communicator (v6.2.5.03 sp5, H.323 protocol).

We have a custom built in-house application written in OpenInsight.

I would like to add the ability to the in-house application for users to "click" a button and pass the phone# to Avaya and have it make the call automatically.

Is there a way to do this through a WebService, API, Dom/Com (OLE), etc.?

Thanks.
JohnBiggs
You came to the right place!
I am assuming you are using Communication Manager and have Applications Enablement Services server in your environment.

AE Services' Telephony Web Service can do that from your application via a web service method invocation.

Here is the developer guide

http://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/a3f21111-1dcb-4c9b-af66-9161c2a6ae7c

Review the information in chapter 3 regarding Setup and the makeCall() request as a starting point.
BruceCameron
Excellent! Thank you.

So now I know I can do it, and I can probably do it with the msxml.http object, is there a way to do it with a URL?

My lame example:

https://<ServerName>:443/axis/services/TelephonyService/originatingExtension=80111&destinationNumber=8005551212

or something of that nature?
JohnBiggs
that particular service is not REST.

I will ask another engineer to comment on the ability of the Engagement Development Platform to support your request. Note different Avaya products would be needed (specifically System Manger and Engagement Development Platform)
DipeshGandhi2 [Avatar]

The Engagement Development Platform (aka EDP) features Engagement Call Control (ECC) Snap-in which provides a RESTful interface by extending existing AES installation and allowing Click-to-Call capability that you are looking for. ECC enables client applications to have visibility and control of all Communication Manager calls, whether they be from station-to-station, station-to-trunk, or trunk-to-station. The APIs supports many call operations including make call, answer call, drop call and hold call. In addition, call events can be subscribed for and delivered to your applications HTTP endpoint.

You can find more information about EDP and ECC on our DevConnect Portal.

If you are interested in EDP, I encourage you to register for Avaya Collaboratory lab which would grant you hosted access to an EDP lab and allow you to develop your application and try out ECC.

Dipesh Gandhi Software Engineer, Avaya DevConnect
Ahmdfrompk
Can't we use only AES WebService (Telephony Service) and CM and create a soap request to make a call?

I have tried to create a soap request.

But I am getting following exception weather I use Telephony Service Sample code or customize code.

It is giving me invalid extension exception.

I think the problem is that AES Server and CM hosted on different machine and I am not able to find any configuration for CM machine in sample code. May be it is missing in configuration.

Please let me know, If anyone have successfully created makecall function and can share the code or configuration or steps need to follow.
CraigJohnson5
There could be many possible scenarios based on the information you gave. AES and CM communication over a TSAPI link (CTI link on CM). On your AES go to Status->Status and Control-> and look a that switch connection summary and the TSAPI summary. Both places, they must show "Talking" (Conn State column) and "Online" (Online/Offline column). The Communication Manager will need two stations provisioned and registered to CM. Then you can use the TSAPI test tool on AE Services under
Utilities | Diagnostics | AE Services | TSAPI Test.

To make this testing easier give your CTI user unrestricted access as well. That is located on AES under
Security | Security Database | CTI Users | List All Users. Just click on the radio button next to your user, Click edit, check the unrestricted access check box, and then apply changes.
CraigJohnson5
Also, if you find that you need help with administering AE Services as the stuff I mentioned isn't configured then go here.

Click on "View release" on the right hand side and then click on your release. Then you can click on "Downloads" in the middle of the page and click "Product Documentation". Then under all the interface links you should see the "Administering and Maintaining Application Enablement Services" document link. Please see that document for any AE Services configuration questions.

Ahmdfrompk
Thanks man. Really great help. This single Checkbox took my 3 days.

I think unrestricted check must be mention in development or example document. I was getting exception "invalid extension" . But now I am able to call on other extensions as well as outside. And Avaya also need to fix Download search area for "Release" and "Interface".
CraigJohnson5
This is where the Administration document I mentioned comes into play. So you either have to setup the security database so that the CTI user has access to the devices you are using in your test scenario, or you just give the user unrestricted access. Unrestricted access is recommended in labs and for troubleshooting so that you don't have extra steps to go through just to get to the issue at hand. But if the Security Database is configured properly then you don't have to worry about unrestricted access.

Are you talking about the Avaya Support site search, or search on DevConnect? Please let me know specifically what issue you ran into with it?
Ahmdfrompk
I am talking about DevConnect -> Download -> All Downloads -> Filters -> If I select Programming Resource or Education Resource and try to select "Choose Release" or "Choose Interface". "Choose Release" or "Choose Interface" will remain empty.

Where is the administration document? I have tried to search "Administering and Maintaining Application Enablement Services".

Also, I think administration document is not for developer. Developer will always look into sample example or some development document.

Thanks
CraigJohnson5
My post yesterday at 15:29 explains how to find the administration document.

I understand what you are saying, but the users and user access are administration on AE Services so that is why it is located there.
CraigJohnson5
And I think the issue with the search that you identified is a known issue but I have passed along your post. Thanks!
CraigJohnson5
The "All Downloads" issue...When clicking "All Downloads" you must first type a product name in the text box under "Start" next to the magnifying glass. Once you start typing a product name, there should be a drop down so you can select the product. Then the "Choose Release" and other options should be working as expected. We are working on an update to make that more clear.
Go to:   
Mobile view