KB_member
Hi,

I have a requirement where the IVR has to perform transfers (as in hunt group) until it reaches a live person.This can be achieved by consultation transfer and I have implemented that before.

A new requirement is for the caller to press # during the transfer (as they hear ring or they hear voice mail) and IVR has to transfer the call to the next person in the hunt group.

How can this be achieved in orchestration designer ?

Thanks,
Kartik
NeilGoldsmith
You would definitely have to do this in CCXML as you will have control over the progress of the call: call alerting, connected, etc. As the call progresses through the states of call creation process. I'm not sure how you would give the caller the capability to control the call before it is finally joined as there is no active grammar listening for key presses during the call creation process.
KB_member
Thanks Neil.

Can bridged transfer node be used for this scenario ? Is there any reason to avoid using it ?
NeilGoldsmith
I don't know how you would be able to perform key presses during the transfer. There will be no active grammar to listen for those key presses while you are in the middle of a transfer.
KB_member
This is what the Bridged Transfer node description says :

Default Node Structure (Node Detail Editor Flow)

Bridged Transfer item - Indicates the telephone number, either hard-coded or contained within a variable, to which the application attempts to transfer the caller. This item includes:

An option to play a prompt (Prompt item) to the caller before performing the transfer.

The capability to have the application respond to a specific word, phrase, or touchtone key press (Grammar item). This might be useful, for instance, if you wanted to allow callers to return to the main application by making two consecutive pound (#) key presses or uttering a phrase such as "Avaya come back."

I am going to try this and see if it serves my purpose.

Thanks,
Kartik
NeilGoldsmith
Yes, I suppose you are correct. If you add a grammar it can use that to match as you suggested.
KB_member
Thanks Neil.

I just tested and it seems to work.
Go to:   
Mobile view