MarceloPariggi [Avatar]

Avaya Engagement Designer
Version 3.2.0.1.00013

Hi all,

I can see that the only place to set the ContextStore-LeaseTime is in the ContextStore-Window-TextBox (correct me if I am wrong)
*see attached image

We need to make this value customizable, so, my question is, is there a way to set this Value from a property?

Thank you very much!
Marcelo.
  • [Thumb - ContextStoreWindow.jpg]
[Disk] Download
PrakashN
This looks like a limitation in the Context Store task. I was expecting to see the Lease Time as a input schema value in the Input Data Mapper of the Context Store task, but I don't see it. I will have a Context Store team member answer for this question.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
porterk
Hi Marcelo,

You are correct, you can set the Lease Time section of the ContextStore-Window-TextBox as you show in your attachment.

It is also possible to set the CS Default Lease Time in the CSManager Attributes section of the SMGR.

Could you please provide a little more detail on what it is you are trying to do?

Thanks,
Kezzia

Kezzia Porter | Senior Technical Associate | Avaya |
MarceloPariggi [Avatar]

Hi Prakash, Kezzia, thanks for your replies.

Kezzia, sure I wil explain what we need.

I know you we have a Default LeaseTime, which applies for all ContextStore if the property LeaseTime (in the textbox) is not set.

Now, we want to set a LeaseTime with 2 requirements:

1) Sets the LeaseTime for a particular ContextStore with a different value than the default one

2) This particular LeaseTime value, should be customizable, for example, using a workflow Property, so once the workflow is deployed, you can simplygo to the System manager and change this value.

Thank you!

Regards,
Marcelo.
porterk
Hi Marcelo,

Just to clarify, in requirement (1) - are you referring to a deployment with multiple Context Store instances, or do you mean that you need to set the lease time individually on specific Context objects being written into Context Store?

-> If it's multiple Context Store instances, each can have a different, default lease value (this default applies to all Context objects written into that particular Context Store instance).

-> If you want to change the lease time on individual Context objects however, there is currently no facility for this within CS Tasks but you can address your use-case requirement by using native REST tasks within Engagement Designer to work with Context Store's REST interface directly. Prakash should be able to guide you in terms of usage of native ED REST tasks.

Requirement (2) - you can simply go to System Manager and change the default lease value at runtime anyway. This is a dynamic property in Context Store.

NB: there is no interaction between a workflow's property and the Context Store service attributes which are managed by System Manager
MarceloPariggi [Avatar]

Hi Kezzia,

I will explain our Flow, maybe it will clarify the situation.

We are saving 2 ContextStore per call:

1-The "Call" ContextStore

{
"contextId": "##THE UCID OF THIS CALL##",
"data": {
"key1": value1,
"key2": value2,
"key3": value3,
"key4": value4,
"key5": value5,
}
}

2-The "Customer" ContextStore

{
"contextId": "##THE CUSTOMER ACCOUNT NUMBER##",
"data": {
"customer-key1": value1,
"customer-key2": value2,
"customer-key3": value3,
"customer-key4": value4,
"customer-key5": value5,
}
}

For the "Call" ContextStore we are using the Default LeaseTime, but for the "Customer" ContextStore we need to set a different LeaseTime, which should be configurable from a property value.

But, currently, the only way I see to set a LeaseTime is with a hardcoded value in the TextBox.

Regards,
Marcelo.
KatalinOrbán
Hi all,

I created an illustration for the better understanding (see sampleLeaseTime.jpg attached).
I hope this will help to clarify Marcelo's question.

Kind regards:
Katalin Orban
korban@avaya.com
  • [Thumb - sampleLeaseTime.jpg]
[Disk] Download
porterk
Hi Marcelo & Katalin,

OK I understand your needs better now, the terminology you used just confused me ("Context Store" is the name of the product itself).

Your flow creates two separate Context objects in Context Store (#1 based on UCID, #2 based on Acc Num).
This means you require two separate ContextStore blocks in your flow; you can set a different lease time for each of these blocks.

You cannot vary the lease time of either of these blocks on a per call basis, but each block can be set to have different default lease time.

If you need to change lease times on a per call basis using the same workflow, you can achieve this using native ED REST tasks and the Context Store REST interface as mentioned in previous comment.

If you don't provide a lease parameter in the CS task block, it will use the default lease value of the cluster itself (configured in System Manager). So if you just need to be able to change the default lease time of one task block every so often (i.e. not in every call) - you can use the System Manager default lease attribute for that particular block and the administration can adjust this from System Manager.

@Kaitlin, lease time is unfortunately not part of the input mapping schema as you were hoping for, and there are no resources available to make such a change in the upcoming release (March 2017). I believe the only way to address your needs for "per call" lease variability is to use the CSRest interface directly with explicit lease parameter on each create request.

As stated in previous response to Marcelo, there is no interaction between Context Store properties and ED service attributes. The only ED attribute related to Context Store is the endpoint IP configuration.

Go to:   
Mobile view