PhilKaasa
Using the DMCC Java API, I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how to handle the cause value 58 mentioned in Avaya PSN020242u.

The PSN says:
The resolution of this problem prevents an SSC and shuffling collision by rejecting the SSC request if it occurs while the call is being shuffled. This is done by returning a Cause Value 58 “Bearer cap not presently available”. Therefore, applications that use SSC, especially as a method to record calls, must handle the Cause Value 58 SSC denial and retry the SSC request multiple times (recommend 3 retries) after waiting a given period of time (recommend retry delay interval of roughly 200 milliseconds) before retrying.

In the DMCC Java API, I'm not sure what to look at when performing the SSC to determine if this issue has occurred and I need to retry. The CstaException class doesn't appear to have an obvious attribute that I can examine to find if Cause Value 58 caused the failure.

Can somebody help me figure out how to test for this particular failure condition?
MartinFlynn
I have not tested this, but I would expect you to get a InvalidObjectTypeException.

If you make the SSC synchronously, the singleStepConferenceCall() method would throw a InvalidObjectTypeException.

If you make the SSC asynchronously, your callback's handleException() method would be called with a InvalidObjectTypeException object.

Martin
ClausSuffel
Hi Martin,

It would be necessary to extract the cause value out of that exception, in order to compare it against the value '58'.
Do you have any idea how to do that with Java API?

Calling the getCause() method will deliver an object of type Throwable, but there is no explicit cause value number in it.

Regards,
Claus
MartinFlynn
I would have thought that receiving a InvalidObjectTypeException in as of itself would imply the cause was CS0/58. Am I missing something?

Martin
ClausSuffel
I'm not sure if receiving an InvalidObjectTypeException (EC: 18) automatilly implies that the cause is 58.
Do you have any documentation that describes those error codes and causes in detail?
MartinFlynn
The Call Control errors are described in "TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer’s Reference".

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view