AndersNilsson3
Hi,

We are upgrading from EP7.0 to 7.2 and planned to continue to use Java 7 on the application servers. Unfortunatelly that didn't work, we're having problems with configurable variables so we have upgraded to Java 8 which solved the CAV problem.

That introduced another problem though.

We are using an old APS developed module called AvayaCentralizedOpeningHours, and when we use that with Java 8 we get the error java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession.getAbsoluteWEBINFPath()Ljava/lang/String; (repeated 1000 times per call; then the application stops).

Any suggestions?
Filename trace.log [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
What versions of EVERYTHING are you using EP, OD and etc.
AndersNilsson3
42 is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything! :-)

Old installation:
OD 7.0.1.0804
EP 7.0.1.0.1601
Java 7

New installation:
OD 7.2.0.00904
EP 7.2.0.0.1117
Java 8

So here's the thing: we have a module called AvayaCentralizedOpeningHours (ACOH), built in EP/OD 5.00.15.05.

If I install a web server (Tomcat) with Java 8 and runtime files from EP 7.0 ACOH works.
If I install a web server with Java 8 and runtime files from EP 7.2 ACOH stops working with an error referencing NoSuchMethodError -> getAbsoluteWEBINFPath

If I open a servlet in OD 7.0 and start typing mySession.getAbsoluteWE.... Eclipse suggests that there is a method called getAbsoluteWEBINFPath.

If I do the same in OD 7.2 Eclipse doesn't show that method, so I assume that it is removed?

One way to solve this is to continue to run the app servers with 7.0 runtime files (and continue to use OD 7.0) but that kind of removes the whole idea of upgrading. Any other ideas of solving it?
RossYakulis
The code says

/**
* Get an absolute path to the WEB-INF directory.
* @return String absolute path to WEB-INF directory.
* @deprecated 5.0, not used any longer
*/

It looks like someone eventually removed that method.
RossYakulis
Comment says Tomcat 8 getRealPath(...) returns null unless parameter is "".

It looks like this was a Tomcat 8 issue. Maybe APS can change/fix their code.
RossYakulis
Try this patch. If it works it will hold you until APS can change their code.
Filename DDHotfix_7.2.0.0904.p2.zip [Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view