andywfinlay
I have built out the connection to the DB per the documentation. I am now trying to use the Update DB in a WF. I select the DB server from the dropdown profile name and enter the following SQL Query (format per example in EDDeveloperGuide page 80)
INSERT INTO dbo.Breeze (OriginalANI, OriginalVDN) VALUES ('18015555898',?)

The OriginalANI and OriginalVDN are field names in the DB i'm trying to update. I get the following when Retrieving the input schema:

error getting input schema for update DB task: java.lang.illegalstateexception: Failed to get parameter metadata from SQL
Shikha
Hi,

Is your connection with DB successful? Can you carry this out under Avaya Breeze -> Configuration -> JDBC Profiles, then select your profile and click on Test Connection.

Also, please share your WF.

Regards,
SHikha
andywfinlay
I can connect to the DB from Breeze. The test connection shows completed successfully.
attached is my WF (stripped down the Auth info). It is only a test WF for validation purposes.
Filename SalesforceAPI-UpdateDB-share.xml [Disk] Download
Shikha
I am not able to open the Input mapping of the UpdateDB task. I am getting syntax error. I hope you have done the mapping there to provide value for OriginalVDN.

Please send us logs at INFO level to investigate.
andywfinlay
It doesn't allow me to go to input mapping. It shows 'Syntax error in schema'.
I've attached a picture of the Update DB data.
I'll get the LOGS and attach in a bit.
  • [Thumb - BreezeUpdateDB.JPG]
[Disk] Download
Shikha
Can you try executing the update command directly in the db?
andywfinlay
yes, same command in db works fine. see attached picture.
  • [Thumb - BreezeUpdateDB2.JPG]
[Disk] Download
Shikha
Hi,

I think we do not need to refer dbo.Breeze here but only Breeze, as we have mentioned the name of the db in the connection settings.

Can you try with editing Insert command without using "dbo."

Regards,
Shikha
andywfinlay
actually, on the contrary, I needed to add to it rather than reduce it. It now works with Telecom.dbo.Breeze.

thanks for everyone's help.

Andy
Go to:   
Mobile view