RajatVerma
Hello All,

I am facing issues while updating the weblm License server URL in my runtimeconfig application. Error recieved is "License Url is invalid, or server is not up, or license version is too low.

I have referred the post for resolution of this issue i.e. OD 7.2.3 and above versions issue, but still facing the issue. Below is the link of post referred by me.
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/24659.page#p163469

Error observed while updating the WebLM license server URL
  • on Runtimeconfig web page i get the error as "License Url is invalid, or server is not up, or license version is too low"

• In Catalina.out, I recieve the error as "java.io.FileNotFoundException : trustedcert.properties (No such File Or directory)....."

• Steps Taken - Its a linux box deployment, IVR is working fine as its currently running in grace period
  • created one folder WebLM/admin inside webapps folder of my tomcat and copied trustedcert.properties from lib folder to here. Tries with giving complete access rights (777) to this file as well

• But still issue is same and license server url is not getting updated. We have valid licenses in WebLM. Also attached the screenshot of same. Below is my environment details
  • AAEP -version 8

• OD Version - 08.00.22.01

• [Thumb - webLMLicense.png]
    [Disk] Download
    • [Thumb - trustedcertPath.png]
    [Disk] Download
    • [Thumb - catalina.out_error.png]
    [Disk] Download
    WilsonYu
    How do you start up Tomcat? using the startup.bat script or from Window services? Starting using the script would have been OK. The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is needed and it is defined in startup.bat.
    RajatVerma
    Hello Wilson,
    I am using Linux Box........and starting the tomcat using startup.sh script....
    WilsonYu
    I see. Do you still see the same exception in the log? I see that you only have 2 licenses showing - CTI and IC. The more critical one - DD Runtime - is missing.
    RajatVerma
    Yes, issue still exist and same exception in logs after following all steps.

For the license part I can work and check if it resolves this issue. Meanwhile any other configuration you think I should look into?
    WilsonYu
    Can you check the environment variables to see if "CATALINA_HOME" is defined when Tomcat is up and running? I know it really depends on the variable for the path to the webapps/WEBLM/admin directory.
    RajatVerma
    Hello Wilson,

You are life saviour. Problem is partially solved......

I checked in tomcat logs & Catalina_HOME variable value was correctly configured. Also post executing startup.sh and shutdown.sh command I found that CATALINA_HOME variable value was correct.

However when I executed echo $CATALINA_HOME command, I observed value was not configured. I manually configured the environment variable CATALINA_HOME and it WORKED!!!!!

Now problem is I have 2 tomcat installed in same linux box, don't you think it will give issue and not the correct way of doing this.

Thanks,
    Rajat Verma
    RajatVerma
    Hello Wislon & All,
    Wish you a very Happy New Year!

request your support on this as I have 2 tomcat instances in this box. And if I configure CATALINA_HOME in OS environment variable, then second tomcat doesn't start as CATALINA_HOME value is found to be pointed to 1st tomcat instance.

How this can be resolved so that license URL value can be read and also both tomcat can be used.

Thanks,
    Rajat Verma
    WilsonYu
    You might have to tweak the Tomcat startup script not to use the CATALINA_HOME attribute. Meanwhile, Avaya is working on a fix to the weblm.jar to not rely on CATALINA_HOME. I will update you once the fix is working.
    JoePerez
    @WilsonYu, this is the same issue I have in similar post:
    https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/0/25592.page#p165042

i suspected the weblm.jar and tried to use an older version from OD7 to see if it would resolve as a simple test but did not. I too would like to get an update.
    WilsonYu
    The older version of weblm.jar would not have this issue.
    Go to:   
    Mobile view