FrankieWilson
I'm using AAOD 7.0.0.1801. It was working fine for months. Now when I set a breakpoint, and the code gets to that breakpoint I get the following excepiton:
31/01/2014 14:42:03:319 ERROR - E09B0E44E3843410E6219A7E3553AE77:/LendingServices : session id:sess4121924 | Error processing request
EXCEPTION>
java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.avaya.sce.runtime.AppServlet.processRequest(AppServlet.java:130)
at com.avaya.sce.runtime.SCEServlet.requestHandler(SCEServlet.java:282)
at com.avaya.sce.runtime.SCEServlet.doPost(SCEServlet.java:189)

I also get the following message when Tomcat first starts:
An internal error occurred during: "Model Proxy installed notification job".

I tried using older workspaces which I know I ran debugger on successfully before, but I have the same problem. The code runs fine in debug mode if it doesn't hit any of the breakpoints.

Has anyone else ever had this porolbem or know how to fix? Woiuld greatly appreciate any help.

RossYakulis
I just tried on 7.0 and it worked fine. Can you provide more details on your configuration. Version of windows, Tomcat, and Eclipse?
FrankieWilson
Thanks, Ross, for checking. Mine used to work fine also, and I don't know what changed.

I am using
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Eclipse: Version: Version: 3.6.1 Build id: M20100909-0800
Tomcat: Apache Tomcat/6.0.29

I have installed another development environment so don't know if something changed in the registry or paths. Was hoping this was something someone had seen before.
RossYakulis
I have the same except except I am on Win 7 Enterprise.

I have seen

An internal error occurred during: "Model Proxy installed notification job".

on occasion but have not ever been able to track that down. I believe that is an eclipse bug.

Perhaps a reboot of your machine to get some fresh bits?
FrankieWilson
I have rebooted serveral times. I saw that this is similar to an eclipse bug, and have gone through the process of deleting breakpionts and breakpoint tab, and then recreating, but problem is still there.
AndersNilsson3
Seems to be a bug in Eclipse.

More info in this thread: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=223992

Remember that it's always good to have a backup before you test any modification/patches!!
FrankieWilson
Update:
First, a correction on the version. It is AAOD 6.0.
I reinstalled AAOD 6.0 along with SP2. I started from
a new workspace and imported my previously exported project.
The model proxy error has gone away, but I still have problems
with the debugging. It turns out that breakpoints set in
any java code work fine, but breakpoints set in the flow or a
data node cause an exception. The beginning of the trace is:

***** Saw exception, tracing before report
javax.servlet.ServletException: EXCEPTION>
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.debug.DebugInfo.checkValueSize(DebugInfo.java:453)
at com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.debug.DebugInfo.getVariableData(DebugInfo.java:526)
at com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.debug.DebugInfo.buildBreakPointMessage(DebugInfo.java:645)
at com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.debug.DebugInfo.breakPointHit(DebugInfo.java:663)
at com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.debug.DebugInfo.checkBreakPoint(DebugInfo.java:259)
at com.avaya.sce.runtime.Data.evaluateActions(Data.java:216)
at flow.CallInitRC.executeDataActions(CallInitRC.java:76)

I've tried disabling the breakpoints in java, and that ignores the
java breakpoints, but still get the exception at the element level.

Any other suggestions? I hope so since I have a new project coming up and it will be diffcult to develop code without being able to run in the deubgger. Thanks.
FrankieWilson
Answer: Problem turned out to be that one of the project variables gets set to null near the beginning of the call. This is not a problem for the code as it checks for a null. However, the debugger apparently doesn't allow null values for any of the project variables.
Go to:   
Mobile view