BalaSriram
Hi,

We are working in Dialog Designer - IC integration for our product. Also we are collecting the values from IC VOX using GetVDUField node.

Since we are working on the product, we wanted to have the VDU Field key names dynamic. Does this feature(changing the VDU field name dynamically during runtime) supported in DD?

(i.e) For example,
For one client , the need would be to retrieve "XX".
While for the another client, the need would be to retrieve "YY".
So declare the variables in VDU as untitled1,untitled2,untitled3,etc....
And Read these client dependent keys(XX or YY) from config file and change the key name accordingly.

If it is not supported in Dialog designer, any suggestions/thoughts to implement this feature would be appreciated.

Thanks.
NeilGoldsmith
Do you know ahead of time what the union of all the variable names could be? If so, you could create vdu.XX and vdu.YY ahead of time and then only read in those fields that you need (like vdu.XX).

DD tries to ease the workload by using the name of the field as the name you read in from IC, so in your case it is working against what you want to do.

You can also drop to Java code and do this if you want. Email me neilg@avaya.com and I can give you some suggestions on that route.
BalaSriram
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your response.

We don't know the union of variable names ahead of time.
In case if we know the variable name, we can declare the keys in VDU with the respective name and we can get the values from IC.

We want to declare the variables with VDU using project variables of DD and "change the name of these variables dynamically before doing getVDUField".

Is this supported in DD? OR Can we implement this using Java? If yes, please let us know the steps/procedures to do the same.

Thanks,
BalaSriram
Team,

Is it possible to change the VDUField Variables names in DD application dynamically during runtime?
(i.e) create the 20 variables with the naming untitled1,untitled2,etc... and change these names before the GetVDUField node.

Thanks,
M. Sivasubramanian.
NeilGoldsmith
You can invoke it in Java code with the following:

SetVDU sVDU = new SetVDU("name","value");
sVDU.executeCommand(mySession);

Note that I shortened SetVDU for readability, but use the full path like below:
com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.ic.SetVDU
NeilGoldsmith
Sorry, just realized you want a get not a set

It's pretty much the same thing:

com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.ic.GetVDU gVDU = new com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.ic.GetVDU("name");

String result = (String)gVDU.executeCommand(mySession);
Go to:   
Mobile view