BradAnderson
Are there any plans for adding a Single Step Conference or Service Observe feature to the toolkit for Session Manager?
JohnBiggs
what toolkit to Session Manager? Are you talking about ACE and services it provides to SIP endpoints? If your interest is ACE, all I can tell you is that there is no information that I can release at this time that would provide functionality similar to SSC or SO into the ACE Web Services or ACE Restful services.
BradAnderson
I am trying to investigate possible ways of recording SIP stations and was wondering if it would be possible to perform a Single Step Conference or to Service Observe SIP stations though the Session Manager in the future. If not is there a similar method I should be looking into?

Thanks
JohnBiggs
Assuming that you are sequencing Communication Manager in to the SIP endpoint (Avaya branded SIP endpoint) as a feature manager, with release 6.2 of Communication Manager and AE Services, you can do call recording fo the SIP station through AE Services/Communication Manager with SSC, SO and independent mode multiple registrations per device. SSC has worked since AE Services & Communication Manager release 5.2, I believe SO has worked since AE Services 5.2 as well.
BradAnderson
I am familiar with using dependent mode to record H323 stations and understand that you can not register the station unless a the station has already been registered. Is there a reason that we cannot use dependent mode with SIP stations? Are there any other differences between the behavior of SIP stations and H.323 stations when using multiple registraton?
JohnBiggs
Due to differences in Communication Manager relative to handling SIP stations versys H.323 stations, only Independent mode is supported.

Are there any other differences between the behavior of SIP stations and H.323 stations when using multiple registration? Yes
When recording mobility calls (when desktop set is a SIP station) and for SIP desktop station calls (without mobility), using Multiple Registration feature, device control aspect of Multiple Registration feature is NOT supported.

There is additional explanatory information in Avaya Aura® Application Enablement Services
Device, Media and Call Control API Device, Media and Call Control API XML Programmer's Guide
Release 6.2 (I searched for "SIP")
BradAnderson
In the "Developing client-side ip call Recording Applications" (https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/download/AES/WhitePapers/AEServicesCallRecording_SVC4050.pdf) guide I noticed it states
"Note: It is not possible to register a DMCC device against a SIP extension. In practice, this means that the Multiple Devices method cannot be used to record calls at SIP extensions. However, it is possible to record calls at SIP extensions using the Service Observing or Single Step Conferencing methods, provided the extension is at an Avaya SIP station, such as a 1600 or 9600 series telephone, that supports third-party call control."

Has that changed in a recent release?
JohnBiggs
Yes, the "Developing client-side ip call Recording Applications" information related to SIP (as with some FAQs) is out of date as it relates to SIP endpoints.
Go to:   
Mobile view