The SIP School™
As Avaya evolves its Unified Communications and Contact Center product portfolios, SIP plays an increasingly central role in the open standards supported by the Avaya Aura architecture. While many Avaya products offer SDKs designed to simplify the complexity of the underlying SIP signaling protocols, a working knowledge of SIP is highly useful in developing and troubleshooting intelligent communications solutions.
To this end, DevConnect has partnered with The SIP School to bring our members the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the SIP protocol and, if so desired, pursue SSCA certification. As an added benefit, DevConnect members can receive a 10% discount on course and certification exam fees.
About The SIP School
The SIP School is an eLearning-based training system that focuses on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). The course teaches trainees about SIP and gives them the confidence to work with SIP products and services in the real world. The SIP School provides:
- A modularized, on-line, Flash-based training course, with animations, learning games, lab exercises and quizzes to help engage trainees.
- Materials updated as SIP evolves - whenever new modules are added, they are made available to licensed trainees at no extra cost.
- Content that goes from the basics of SIP signaling, through Security, Troubleshooting, Trunking and Enum, onto SIP in Unified Communications, and beyond.
For detailed information about the content of the course, download the Course Objectives from The SIP School web site:
About SSCA Certification
Trainees may take an examination to become a SIP School Certified Associate (SSCA). The SSCA certification program is supported by industry organizations such as the Telecommunications Industry Association and Bicsi.
For more information, download the Exam Objectives from The SIP School web site:
How to Enroll
DevConnect members can enroll for:
- The SIP School training modules bundled with access to the SSCA certification examination
- The SIP School training modules only
- Access to the SSCA certification examination only
To enroll for any of the above, go to:
To claim a 10% discount on course and certification fees ...
Enter the code below when enrolling to claim the DevConnect member discount (you must be logged in to view the code):
Avaya provides an access to the SIP School's training program at the discounted rate for the members of the Avaya DevConnect Program at http://avaya.thesipschool.com/. The SIP School is not, however, in any way affiliated with Avaya or Avaya DevConnect Program, and the SIP School's training program is not part of the DevConnect Program membership benefits package. Avaya does not endorse or warrant in any way the content of the SIP School's training program or its SSCA certification. Access to the SIP School's training program through the Avaya DevConnect Program can be withdrawn by Avaya at any time.