- Educational Resources
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Mastering Sequenced Application Development with the Avaya ACE™ Foundation Toolkit
Download your free edition of the eBook using the link below.
About the eBook
Avaya Aura Session Manager is a sophisticated SIP routing engine that sits at the heart of Avaya Aura environments. Session Manager supports the use of sequenced applications that enable new and custom call features to be made available and applied to users, without needing to upgrade or make changes to the underlying network infrastructure.
Mastering Sequenced Application Development with the Avaya ACE™ Foundation Toolkit provides an ideal introduction for anyone who wants to learn about the power of application sequencing or who wants to develop their own custom sequenced applications using the Avaya Agile Communication Environment™ (Avaya ACE) Foundation Toolkit. Read this book to discover:
- How application sequences are defined and assigned to users.
- How the half call model enables application sequences to be applied separately to the origination and termination sides of calls.
- How application sequencing enables the standard call features provided by Avaya Aura Communication Manager to be supplemented with custom features provided by sequenced applications.
- How application sequences can be applied explicitly to users whose SIP devices are registered with Session Manager, and implicitly to users whose communication devices are registered with other network elements.
- How to develop and deploy custom sequenced applications using the Avaya ACE Foundation Toolkit.
- How Foundation Toolkit sequenced applications enable new and enhanced call features to be made available without having to update the underlying enterprise network.
- ... and much more.
The book is in two parts:
Part 1 is intended for anyone who wants to know what application sequences are, what they are used for and how they work. After reading Part 1 you will understand how application sequences are used to apply features to calls, and how the full set of features applied to a call is determined by the identity of the individual parties in the call and by their respective roles as the caller and callee. You will also discover how standard features provided by Avaya Aura Communication Manager can be supplemented by custom features provided by sequenced applications developed and deployed using the Foundation Toolkit.
Part 2 is primarily intended for application developers and includes information about how to set up a development and testing environment, as well as how to the use the Foundation Toolkit runtime services and their APIs to build sequenced Java SE and Java Web client applications.