- Educational Resources
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Mastering Communications Enablement with
Avaya ACE™ Web Services
Download your free edition of the eBook using the links below:
Important: An Addendum was issued in March 2012 and is attached to the eBook download above (click on paperclip icon in Acrobat Reader to display attachments). The Addendum covers all changes to the Avaya ACE Web services and packaged applications that have been introduced since the eBook was published, including enhancements provided in the recent Avaya ACE 3.0 release. Members who have previously downloaded the eBook can download the stand-alone version of the Addendum via the link below:
About the eBook
The eBook focusses on the use of Avaya ACE Web services to provide communications capabilities to Communications Enabled Business Systems (CEBS). CEBS allow enterprises to streamline workflows, respond quickly to time-sensitive issues, and improve customer satisfaction by ensuring the right people are armed with the right information and are able to respond at the right time. The Avaya ACE Web services enable IT developers to inject communications capabilities into their enterprise business systems, without having to acquire detailed and highly specialized IP communications development knowledge.
The eBook is a great place to start and learn about Avaya ACE Web services and the benefits of CEBS. It is ideal for anyone involved in the development of business systems, including IT software engineers, systems and business analysts, systems architects and IT managers working in enterprise environments. You will learn about the types of communications capabilities that Avaya ACE enables and how these can be employed in practical business solutions. You will also discover how quickly and easily you can incorporate communications into your business systems using the Avaya ACE Web services.
The eBook comprises the following chapters, plus a number of appendixes:
- Chapter 1: About Avaya ACE and Avaya ACE Web services
- Discusses what Avaya ACE is and how it bridges the gap between an organization's business systems and its IP telecommunications infrastructure. The chapter also describes the key features and benefits provided by Avaya ACE, and how core communications capabilities are made available to IT developers through Avaya ACE Web services.
- Chapter 2: An introduction to Web services and Parlay X
- Provides a fairly high level introduction to Web services and the development of Web service clients, including descriptions of the different types of Web service that are provided by Avaya ACE, how the capabilities of the Web services are advertised and defined, and how to develop clients that can take advantage of these capabilities. The chapter also covers the Parlay X Web service interface specifications and how they are implemented by Avaya ACE.
- Chapter 3: Avaya ACE real-time communications services
- Describes the real-time communications capabilities that Avaya ACE Web services make available to client applications, including practical examples of how these capabilities can be employed to enhance business systems and processes.
- Chapter 4: Avaya ACE information and system services
- Describes the Avaya ACE Web services that enable client applications to obtain communications information and provide Avaya ACE system management capabilities.
- Chapter 5: Developing Avaya ACE Web service clients
- Describes the options available for accessing an Avaya ACE development configuration, how to obtain Avaya ACE Web service WSDL, how to generate a client proxy from the WSDL and finally how to develop a client application against the proxy. An example is used to demonstrate one possible approach to client development, using Apache Axis to auto generate a Java client proxy from Avaya ACE Web service WSDL.
- Chapter 6: Web client development know-how
- Works through a number of real-life scenarios to provide a deeper understanding of the capabilities of some of the more functionally rich Web services, show how those Web services should be used and give practical hints and tips for developers.
- Chapter 7: Avaya ACE packaged applications
- Describes the functionality provided by each of the Avaya ACE Applications and add-ins.
- Chapter 8: Next steps
- Provides advice on next steps for developers who wish to learn more or who are keen to start communications enabling their business systems with capabilities provided by the Avaya ACE Web services.
Download your free edition of the eBook using the link at the top of the page.