AE Services 7.0 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Default certificate change: The AE Services server comes pre-installed with a set of default server certificates for lab use only. In
AE Services 7.0, the Certificate Authority (CA) used to sign the server default certificates has changed. To allow client applications
to connect to the AE Services 7.0 server using a TLS socket connection in the lab, the new AE Services CA certificate must be exported
from the server, and imported into your client trust store. See Release 7.0 - Default Certificate
Change for more information about this change and recommendations for replacing the default certificates in production environments.
- RTP media and RTCP encryption updates: see Release 7.0 - RTP Media and RTCP Encryption Changes for
detailed information and recommended actions.
- Support for up to 8000 DMCC instances.
- Support for Java 8 by the DMCC SDK.
- AE Services Virtualized Appliance support: AE Services 7.0 is not available as part of System Platform or Bundled offers. The AE Services
6.3.3 or earlier servers based on the System Platform or Bundled offers can only be migrated to AE Services 7.0 by reconfiguring the servers
for the Avaya Virtualized Appliance model based on Appliance Virtualization Platform.
- ANAV entitled to Application Specific Licensing (ASL): ANAV now qualifies as an Avaya application and is entitled to the benefits of ASL.
ANAV can acquire DMCC and TSAPI licenses from AE Services as required without charge, and agent event information without polling.
- Support for use of up to 8 domain controllers per station.
- Support for Geographic Redundancy High Availability (GRHA) on servers deployed in the Virtualized Environment; Fast Reboot High Availability
(FRHA) is no longer supported.
- Support for Internet Explorer 11.
- RHEL updated to release 6.5.
- Support for the 9601 SIP-only deskphone.
- Detection of unreachable SIP endpoints and logging out of unreachable SIP agents.
- Out of Band Management provides the ability to move the AE Services Management Console Web-based management and configuration traffic of the
server to a dedicated subnetwork.
Compatibility with earlier AE Services releases
All DMCC, Web Services, JTAPI and TSAPI applications created with the AE Services 5.2, 6.1, 6.2 or 6.3 SDKs and client libraries will work
seamlessly on AE Services 7.0 without the need to recompile code and without the need to replace any third-party library components.
Note: AE Services 5.2, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3 DMCC applications must specify the appropriate protocol version. If a protocol version
is not specified, the server will default to 7.0 and the application may receive unexpected XML messages with added elements and/or receive
new XML messages.
Compatibility with Communication Manager Releases
AE Services 7.0 is compatible with the following Communication Manager Releases:
- Communication Manager 6.0.x
- Communication Manager 6.2
- Communication Manager 6.3
- Communication Manager 6.3.x
- Communication Manager 7.0