Communication Manager 7.0.1 includes the following new and enhanced capabilities:
- Support for narrow-band OPUS Codec capabilities provided by Media Gateways and Avaya Aura Media Server.
- Limitations on Covergae Answer Group (CAG) feature capabilities removed for SIP endpoints.
- Support for H.323 (MLPP enabled) to SIP (non MLPP enabled) pre-emption.
- JITC re-certification of H.323 solution to Release 7.0.x base.
New in Release 7.0
Communication Manager 7.0.0 includes the following new and enhanced capabilities:
- SNMP changes: Two new MIBs, AVAYA-AURA-CM-MIB and AVAYA-AURA-CMALARM-MIB, replace the previously used G3-Avaya-MIB. See
SNMP Renewal in 6.3.111, 7.0
and Higher Releases for important information about this change.
- Directory Enabled Management cannot be used with Communication Manager 7.0. Developers must use the System Manager Web services to
implement equivalent functionality in their applications.
- Media encryption using AES-256 for voice media streams and video media streams for the IP network region that governs the IP codec set.
- Encrypted SRTCP provides enhanced security for the media control streams associated with the RTP media stream..
- The Avaya Aura Media Server is used by Communication Manager to provide IP audio capabilities similar to legacy H.248 media
gateways or port networks with media processors.
- "Allow direct input of Route Pattern for SIP station routing" feature simplifies the routing configuration of a SIP station..
- End-to-end secure call indication enables SIP phones to display an icon indicating the security of a SIP call.
- The SIP Station Reachability feature determines the availability of a SIP station from the perspective of Communication Manager and an
AE Services application.
- S8300E server supports Appliance Virtualization Platform and Communication Manager Release 6.3.8 and later.
- SIP digit handling.
- Media Gateway VoIP Capacity Test 1718 sends a query to the media gateway to get the VoIP resources hardware state.
- Call Type Digit Analysis feature provides the ability to specify how Communication Manager must modify a telephone number to route a call
- Out-of-Band management feature provides the ability to set up a dedicated network connection to the network to securely manage the Avaya
- Communication Manager 7.0 can be configured as a feature server with ASAI enabled to support the full-call model.
- Special applications, also known as green features, meet special requirements of customers.
For more detailed information about these features, see the Release Notes and What's New in Avaya Aura, available under
the Downloads tab.