Avaya Aura® Experience Portal Release 6.0 was made generally available in August 2011; Service Pack 3 was issued May 2014. This is not the latest release of Experience Portal; the latest release is recommended for new development.
New In This Release
Experience Portal Release 6.0 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Installation types: Experience Portal 6.0 with Media Processing Platform (MPP).
- Supported operating systems for Experience Portal with MPP: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Release 6.0 32 bit, or Avaya Enterprise Linux Release 6.0 or later
- Intelligent Customer Routing (ICR): Experience Portal 6.0 provides a single point of management for ICR, that includes the following features: Acquire and maintain licenses; Configure ICR in EPM; Roles based access; Multi-tenancy; Database Backup and Restore; Logging and Alarming; Reports related to managed applications. The ICR pluggable data connector (ICR PDC) extends the capabilities of Orchestration Designer so that it can be used to build applications that leverage ICR functionality.
- Support for Avaya Aura Contact Center (AACC) 6.2.
- VoiceXML applications can now send DTMF digits.
- Support for receiving DTMF digits via RFC 4733.
- Enhanced call preservation.
- Enhanced security and administration features.
- Experience Portal requires a new license file. Without new license, upgraded system will operate for 30 day grace period.
For detailed information about the release, see Chapter 1: What's new between Voice Portal 5.1 and Avaya Aura Experience Portal 6.0 in the Upgrading from Voice Portal 5.0 or 5.1 to Avaya Aura Experience Portal 6.0 guide, available from the Avaya Support site.
The Experience Portal Documentation Library is a collection of information covering the following topics:
- Upgrading from Voice Portal 5.0 or 5.1 to Avaya Aura Experience Portal 6.0
- Planning for Avaya Aura Experience Portal
- Administering Avaya Aura Experience Portal
- Implementing Avaya Aura Experience Portal on a single server
- Implementing Avaya Aura Experience Portal on multiple servers
- Avaya Aura Experience Portal 6.0 Security White Paper
- Troubleshooting Avaya Aura Experience Portal
The Documentation Library and additional documentation for Experience Portal Release 6.0 are available for download from Avaya Support.