Avaya Aura® Experience Portal Release 7.0 was made generally available in December 2013; Feature Pack 1 (Release 7.0.1) was issued in November 2014; Service Pack 2 (Release 7.0.2) was issued in May 2015. This is not the latest release of Experience Portal; the latest release is recommended for new development.
New In This Release
Feature Pack Release 7.0.1
Experience Portal Release 7.0 Feature Pack 1 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- The new Management Interface Web service enables client applications to manage Experience Portal zones, applications and configurable application variables. For more information, see Chapter 22 of Administering Avaya Aura Experience Portal, available for download under the Downloads - Web Services tab.
- The certificate generation code has been enhanced to use a more secure hashing algorithm.
- Support for Nuance Vocalizer 6.0 as a speech server.
- Support for MySQL as an external database.
- Support for single server Experience Portal systems deployed in the Avaya Customer Experience Virtualized Environment.
- SMS enhancements: support for conversations, new utility for testing SMPP connections, and support for service provider AOS.
- Email enhancements: ability to launch applications by user name or cc, and support for STARTTLS transport.
- Ability to pass termination reason from CCXML to VoiceXML.
- Support for multiple instances of Nuance on a single server.
Experience Portal Release 7.0 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Ability to allocate resources and ports to zones:
- Create and administer zones.
- Allocate resources such as Auxiliary EPM servers, MPPs, Speech Servers, VoIP Connections (H.323 and SIP), Applications, and so on to the zones.
- Allocate ports to zones.
- Add organizations to the zones.
- Multi-channel support:
- Support for email and SMS as additional communication channels.
- Two-way text-based self-service application support: person-to-application and application-to-person.
- Multichannel application development/runtime framework (Orchestration Designer.)
- Web services and connectors for SMS and email notification.
- Capability to configure multiple Email Processors for inbound and outbound messages.
- Support cross channel inbound and outbound messages. For example, triggering an outbound email as a result of an inbound SMS.
- New licensed features:
- Email units.
- SMS units.
- New reports to support the new media types, SMS and Email. The data for generating these reports is added to the existing CDR and SDR.
- Ability to install and upgrade Experience Portal in the Avaya Customer
Experience Virtualized Environment. The Experience Portal virtualized environment offer consists of the following three OVA files:
- Primary EPM.
- Auxiliary EPM.
- Release and Overview Information
- Product Documentation
- Management and
The Experience Portal Documentation Library is a collection of information covering the following topics:
- Upgrading to Avaya Aura Experience Portal 7.0
- Avaya Aura Experience Portal Events and Associated Alarms
- Avaya Aura Experience Portal Web Interface Page Reference
- Administering Avaya Aura Experience Portal
- Implementing Avaya Aura Experience Portal on a single server
- Implementing Avaya Aura Experience Portal on multiple servers
- Avaya Aura Experience Portal Security White Paper
- Troubleshooting Avaya Aura Experience Portal
- Deploying Avaya Aura Experience Portal in an Avaya Customer Experience Virtualized Environment
The Documentation Libraries and additional documentation for Experience Portal Release 7.0.x are available for download from Avaya Support.
See Chapters 21 and 22 of the administration guide for programming information, WSDL, etc. for the Application Interface and Management Interface Web services: