Voice Portal Release 5.1
Avaya Voice Portal Release 5.1 was made generally available in June 2010; Service Pack 2 was issued in December 2011. This release of Voice Portal is NOT the latest: in later releases Voice Portal is renamed Avaya Aura® Experience Portal. It is recommended that the latest release be used for new development.
New In This Release
Voice Portal Release 5.1 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Managed applications: first managed application is Proactive Outreach Manager (POM).
- Auxiliary VPMS enhancements: (previously "Secondary VPMS") now supports multiple VPMS servers in one Voice Portal system.
- Telephony enhancements: including G.729 audio encoding, SIP failover and consultative transfer.
- Video enhancements: support for H.264 video encoding and Real-time Stream Protocol (RTSP).
- Availability enhancements: low water and high water threshold alarms.
- Security enhancements: including web service authentication and authentication between MPP and the application server.
- Administrative enhancements: for the administration of applications, browser settings, certificates, roles, SIP connections, Syslog settings, System Monitor and users.
- Reporting enhancements.
- Licensing enhancements: including new licensed features for Enhanced Call Classification and Proactive Outreach Manager, and a grace period for new installations.
- Lifecycle updates.
- Localization enhancements.