- DevConnect eBook: Developing Exceptional Multi-Modal Customer Experiences
Sample Applications & Tutorials
- Auto Attendant
- Call Flow Elements
- Call TAS
- Calling Card
- Click To Create Conference Sample Application
- Converse Step
- CTI Connector
- Deploying Speech and Call Control Applications
- Designing an MS SQL Database Connector
- Developing a Multilingual Speech Application
- Developing CCXML Applications
- Developing Telephony Web Service Applications
- IC Connector
- Insurance Services
- Outbound Call Blast
- Pizza Express
- SMS Web Service
- Stock Quote
- Telephony Web Service
- Using Nuance OpenSpeech DialogModules
- Using the Runtime API
- Using Web Services
- On-line Training Courses
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
About The Sample Application
The Pizza Express sample application describes a call flow to place a pizza order. This application provides the caller with the option of ordering large or medium pizzas, with a choice of different toppings on each pizza. The caller is additionally provided with: a menu for ordering soda, the calculated cost of the total order, a listing of the items ordered, and the ability to enter a credit card number to pay.
The sample applications uses four Avaya Aura® Orchestration Designer (which includes what was formerly known as Dialog Designer) modules:
- ordersoda module: prompts the caller to select the type, size and quantity of a soda order.
- calculatecost Java application: generates a Web Service Definition File (WSDL) to accept inputs for calculating the cost.
- gettotalcost module: uses the calculatecost WSDL file to calculate the cost of the order.
- processcard module: checks the validity of a credit card number.
Note: The sample application documentation was updated in January 2012 (issue 1.4) to indicate compatibility with Avaya Aura Orchestration Designer Release 6.0 and Avaya Aura Experience Portal Release 6.0.
Target Avaya Platform
This sample application was originally developed and tested to run on the following Avaya platform:
- Avaya Dialog Designer Release 5.1
- Avaya Voice Portal Release 5.1
- Interactive Response Release 4.0
The sample application has subsequently been tested and validated on the following Avaya platform:
- Avaya Aura Orchestration Designer Release 6.0
- Avaya Aura Experience Portal Release 6.0