- DevConnect eBook: Developing Exceptional Multi-Modal Customer Experiences
Sample Applications & Tutorials
- Auto Attendant
- Call Flow Elements
- Call TAS
- Calling Card
- Click To Create Conference Sample Application
- Converse Step
- CTI Connector
- Deploying Speech and Call Control Applications
- Designing an MS SQL Database Connector
- Developing a Multilingual Speech Application
- Developing CCXML Applications
- Developing Telephony Web Service Applications
- IC Connector
- Insurance Services
- Outbound Call Blast
- Pizza Express
- SMS Web Service
- Stock Quote
- Telephony Web Service
- Using Nuance OpenSpeech DialogModules
- Using the Runtime API
- Using Web Services
- On-line Training Courses
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Avaya Orchestration Designer Release 7.0 was made generally available in December 2013; Feature Pack 1 (Release 7.0.1) was issued in November 2014. The Release 7.0 and 7.0.1 ISO images are available under the Downloads - Product Software tab. This is not the latest release of Orchestration Designer; the latest release is recommended for new development.
New In This Release
Avaya Orchestration Designer Release 7.0 Feature Pack 1 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Multi-channel, multi-turn support:
- Conversation management pluggable data connector for SMS applications and modules called in SMS applications.
- Support for data-only flows.
- Enhancements to Release 7.0:
- Search capability for email.
- Ability to change Conf Application Variables (CAVs)back to regular variables.
- Developer Usability and Productivity:
- SHA2 certificate support.
- Currency with third party products:
- Eclipse Juno.
- Full upgrade to Java 7.
Avaya Orchestration Designer Release 7.0 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Multi-channel support:
- General runtime framework support.
- Email messages can be sent from an email channel message application - see Chapter 18 of the Developer's Guide for full details.
- SMS messages can be send from, or received in, an SMS channel message application (editors and simulation) - see Chapter 17 of the Developer's Guide for full details.
- The new Notification Connector (Email, SMS) pluggable data connector enables email and SMS messages (also known as "notifications") to be sent from a speech or message application channel other than the email or SMS channel - see Chapter 19 of the Developer's Guide for full details.
- Enhanced integration with Avaya Aura Contact Center:
- The new Send AACC Connector pluggable data connector enables inbound SMS and email messages to be forwarded from Orchestration Designer to Avaya Aura Contact Center for agent assistance, preserving contextual data - see Chapter 21 of the Developer's Guide for full details.
- The new AACC Landingpad Web Service (Axis 1.4) pluggable data connector enables inbound voice calls to be transferred from Orchestration Designer to an AML-based Avaya Aura Contact Center, preserving contextual data - see Chapter 23 of the Developer's Guide for full details.
- The new AACC Treatments pluggable data connector enables various treatments to be applied to calls that are transferred from Avaya Aura Contact Center to an Orchestration Designer speech application - see Chapter 22 of the Developer's Guide for full details.
- Developer usability and productivity enhancements:
- Text to Speech (TTS) and Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) can be hosted on different servers with the Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP) feature.
- Commonly used hot keys are supported in the call flow editor.
- The Combo type has been added to configurable variables.
- New application reporting feature.
- The new Web Service (REST) pluggable data connector enables the creation of REST Web service operation files in speech and message applications - see Chapter 16 of the Developer's Guide for full details.
- The new AAEP Outbound Call pluggable data connector enables automated outbound VoiceXML calls to be launched from a speech or message application - see Chapter 20 of the Developer's Guide for full details.
- The new Text Processing (Language ID) pluggable data connector enables an email or SMS channel message application to accept a text string and the language hint, and return the ISO-639-1 language code for the text - see "Language ID" in Appendix A of the Developer's Guide for full details.
- Currency with third party products:
- Tomcat 7.0.
- Eclipse 3.7.
- JBOSS 7.
- Java 7.
- Websphere 8.0.
- Nuance 10.
- Nuance NDM 6.1.
- WebLogic 12c.
For more information about what is new in these releases, see the Release Notes available under the Downloads - Release Information tab and the Developer's Guide available under the Downloads - Speech & Call Control tab.
Orchestration Designer Release 7.0.x can be used to design and build speech applications that run on:
- Avaya Experience Portal Release 6.0 or Release 7.0
- Interactive Response Release 4.0
- Release Information
- Product Overview
- Product Software
- Speech & Call Control
- Contact Center Scripting
Orchestration Designer is available free of charge to all DevConnect members. Be aware that the download is very large at over 1.9 GB:
- Avaya Orchestration Designer 7.0 Feature Pack 1 ISO Image (1.9 GB .iso)
Checksum (MD5): 9b3a118939c59ab5c50e150e4a56a4fc
- Avaya Orchestration Designer 7.0 ISO Image (1.9 GB .iso)
Checksum (MD5): ec7bb177f5e5e0299bf7eb9c2d9d88aa
The download includes:
- Orchestration Designer software
- Prerequisite software, including:
- J2SE Development Kit
- Eclipse and GEF
- Microsoft Speech SDK
- Optional CCXML plug-in
- Localization bundle files and documentation
- Sample applications and documentation
- Avaya Orchestration Designer Developer's Guide, Release 7.0.1 (4.45 MB .pdf)
- Avaya Orchestration Designer Developer's Guide, Release 7.0 (8.01 MB .pdf)
End of Sale