- DevConnect eBook: Developing Exceptional Multi-Modal Customer Experiences
Sample Applications & Tutorials
- Auto Attendant
- Call Flow Elements
- Call TAS
- Calling Card
- Click To Create Conference Sample Application
- Converse Step
- CTI Connector
- Deploying Speech and Call Control Applications
- Designing an MS SQL Database Connector
- Developing a Multilingual Speech Application
- Developing CCXML Applications
- Developing Telephony Web Service Applications
- IC Connector
- Insurance Services
- Outbound Call Blast
- Pizza Express
- SMS Web Service
- Stock Quote
- Telephony Web Service
- Using Nuance OpenSpeech DialogModules
- Using the Runtime API
- Using Web Services
- On-line Training Courses
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Dialog Designer Release 4.1
Dialog Designer Release 4.1 was made generally available in January 2008; Service Pack 3 (Release 18.104.22.168) was issued February 2009. The Release 4.1 CD image and Service Pack 3 JARs are available under the Downloads - Product Software tab. Release 4.1 is NOT the latest release of Dialog Designer: later releases are incorporated into the Speech and Call Control Application Development component of Avaya Aura® Orchestration Designer.
New In This Release
New features in the Dialog Designer Release 4.1 include:
The software download includes over 20 sample applications that demonstrate the many features of Dialog Designer. Release 4.1 includes the following new and updated sample applications:
- Click-to-call: new.
- Predefined Conference: new.
- Outbound Call: updated.
- Pass Parameters: updated.
- Support for multiple call flows to improve large application development and management.
- Can be installed on the Windows Vista Ultimate or Business operating system (requires Eclipse 3.3).
- Support for Call Control XML (CCXML) Conferencing and Merge (requires Voice Portal 4.1).
- Support for Universal Call Identifier (UCID) values in User-to-user Interface (UUI) data.
- Fax and answering machine detection (requires Voice Portal 4.1).
Avaya Dialog Designer 4.1 is available for download to members of the DevConnect program free of charge. Note that the file is large: over 650 MB. The download includes prerequisite software: J2SE Development Kit 5.0 (JDK 1.5), Tomcat 5.0.28 or Tomcat 5.5, Eclipse and GEF 3.2 or 3.3 SDKs, Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1, Avaya Dialog Designer WebLM license server and the optional CCXML plug-in. Instructions for installing Dialog Designer are included in the Getting Started with Dialog Designer Release 4.1 guide, available under the Product Overview tab.
Release 4.1 Service Pack 3 (Release 22.214.171.124)
Provided Dialog Designer 4.1 is already installed, you can use the built-in Eclipse update framework to install the latest Service Pack. Alternatively, download the Service Pack JAR files to a New Archive Site, which you can then use to install the Service Pack from within Eclipse.