- DevConnect eBook: Developing Exceptional Multi-Modal Customer Experiences
Sample Applications & Tutorials
- Auto Attendant
- Call Flow Elements
- Call TAS
- Calling Card
- Click To Create Conference Sample Application
- Converse Step
- CTI Connector
- Deploying Speech and Call Control Applications
- Designing an MS SQL Database Connector
- Developing a Multilingual Speech Application
- Developing CCXML Applications
- Developing Telephony Web Service Applications
- IC Connector
- Insurance Services
- Outbound Call Blast
- Pizza Express
- SMS Web Service
- Stock Quote
- Telephony Web Service
- Using Nuance OpenSpeech DialogModules
- Using the Runtime API
- Using Web Services
- On-line Training Courses
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Dialog Designer Release 5.0
Dialog Designer Release 5.0 was made generally available in March 2009; Service Pack 4 (Release 126.96.36.199.02) was issued June 2010. The Release 5.0 CD image and Service Pack 4 JAR are available under the Downloads - Product Software tab. Release 5.0 is NOT the latest release of Dialog Designer: later releases are incorporated into the Speech and Call Control Application Development component of Avaya Orchestration Designer.
New In This Release
New features in Dialog Designer Release 5.0 include:
The software download includes over 20 sample applications that demonstrate the many features of Dialog Designer. Release 5.0 includes the following new and updated sample applications:
- BloominBloomsLite sample application demonstrates the video (IVVR) features.
- DTMFToneMask demonstrates how to use "hotword" barge-in to play prompts while collecting caller input.
- CreateSession CCXM demonstrates how to create a new CCXML session.
- HTTPIOProcessor CCXML demonstrates how to send an event to an external source using the basichttp ioprocessor.
- OutboundCall CCXML includes Modification Requests (MRs).
- Feature support for Voice Portal 5.0.
- Support for the development of interactive video and voice response (IVVR) applications. Dialog Designer 5.0 provides for the creation of differentiated, high touch, multi-modal applications that take advantage of 3G video networks where available, while also supporting SIP-based video applications worldwide.
- Support for Custom Navigator for better workflow.
- Support for an administrative data model that allows applications to be created in Dialog Designer and have application characteristics changed in the Voice Portal Management System.
- More efficient architecture to reduce page fetches.
- Support for additional grammar formats.
- New CCXML elements.
- Support of Java 1.6, Websphere 6.2 and BEA Weblogic 10.
Avaya Dialog Designer Release 5.0 is available for download to all members of the DevConnect program free of charge. Note that the file is large: over 500 MB. The download includes prerequisite software: J2SE Development Kit 6.0 (JDK 6.0), Tomcat 5.5 or Tomcat 6.0, Eclipse and GEF 3.4 SDKs, Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1, Avaya Dialog Designer WebLM license server, Storm Codec 7.01.19 and the optional CCXML plug-in. Instructions for installing Dialog Designer are included on the CD-ROM image and in the Getting Started with Dialog Designer Release 5.0 guide, available under the Product Overview tab.
Release 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Release 188.8.131.52.02)
Provided Dialog Designer 5.0 is already installed, download and extract the Service Pack JAR file to a New Archive Site, which you can then use to install the Service Pack from within Eclipse.
End of Manufacturer Support