Avaya Aura Presence Services Release 6.1 Service Pack 5 is part of the Avaya Aura 6.2 Feature Pack 1 release,
and must be applied in conjunction with Feature Pack 1 updates for other Avaya Aura components in use within the same deployment.
Avaya Aura Presence Services Release 6.1 Service Pack 2 resolves various issues discovered in previous releases.
Avaya Aura Presence Services Release 6.1 Service Pack 1 provides business collaboration enhancements including
support for Microsoft Office Communicator via Office Communications Server and System Platform installation improvements.
Avaya Aura Presence Services Release 6.1 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- All traffic between Presence Services and other Avaya applications for Presence can use SIP or XMPP protocols.
However, all traffic between other Avaya applications and Presence Services for IM use only the eXtensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).
- With Avaya one-X Communicator/Avaya Communication Server 1000 (CS 1000) solutions where Avaya one-X Communicator provides
only Presence/IM support then a user is automatically added to the Presence Services database even without a communication
address/handle associated with the user.
- Presence Services supports all the variants of Avaya one-X Communicator for extended stanza addressing, such as XEP-0033.
A user can send a message to multiple contacts,which enables the user to have multiple chat sessions at the same time.
- Support for a new vendor class. A new class known as a vendor class or a v class element displays a product name to the user in the endpoints.
- Namespacing of the elements is done at the top level. Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) extensions.
- Support for Avaya one-X Communicator H.323 telephony for Presence and IM through XMPP.
- Presence Protocol Selection uses contacts in vCard format , such as XEP-0054 and vcard-temp, through XMPP.
- Support for Avaya one-X Communicator - Avaya Communication Server 1000 for telephony for Presence and IM through XMPP.
- Support for Avaya one-X Agent for Presence and IM through XMPP.
- Support for Avaya one-X Client Enablement Services through Local Presence Service (LPS).
- Support for Avaya Aura Contact Center through XMPP for Presence and IM.
- Support for serviceability with the current version of the SAL Gateway (version 6.1.5).
- Support for provisioning of users within Presence Services, including the eXtensible Communication Platform (XCP) database
as a result of DRS replication update from System Manager.