Avaya Aura® Presence Services Release 6.2 was made generally available in May 2013; Service Pack 2 was issued in October 2013 as part of Avaya Aura 6.2 Feature Pack 3; Service Pack 4 was issued in June 2014 as part of Avaya Aura 6.2 Feature Pack 4 and included an updated Presence SDK; Service Pack 7 was issued in March 2016. This is NOT the latest release of Presence Services. The latest release is recommended for new development.
New In This Release
Avaya Aura Presence Services Release 6.2 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Support for up to 10,000 H.323 users and/or SIP users per node and up to 50,000 H.323 and /or SIP users in a five-node cluster. For the H.323 and SIP users, the release supports an average of 25 buddies per user with a maximum limit of 150 buddies per list.
- Support for VMware ESXi 5.1.
- VMware supports 1,000 and 10,000 user deployments.
- Improved presence status of the endpoints monitored by the AE Services collector, with the following two new fields:
- Time (minutes) endpoint is on-hook until being declared Away
- Time (minutes) endpoint is Away until being declared Out Of Office
- Federation with Openfire, a third-party XMPP server, and associated endpoints.
- Simplified and improved upgrade and installation framework.
For information about new features introduced in subsequent Avaya Aura Feature Packs, see the Release Notes and What's New in Avaya Aura Release 6.2 Feature Pack x guides, available under the Downloads - Release Information tabs.