Session Manager 7.0 Feature Pack 1 introduces the following new features:
- Ability to set "No Mutual Authentication" (NONE), "Soft Mutual Authentication" (OPTIONAL), or "Hard Mutual Authentication" (MANDATORY)
for SIP devices.
The initial Session Manager 7.0 release includes the following new features:
- SNMP automatic alarm clearing for Session Manager alarms: Session Manager will now automatically send an SNMP notice when an
alarm has been cleared.
- SIP message compaction: Session Manager now includes the capability to remove non-essential headers and pararmeters from SIP messages.
- Emergency call notification: the Session Manager Adjunct Emergency Location Server has been enhanced to provide information about
which of a user's registered devices were used to make an emergency services call.
- Maintenance mode state: to support deployment and maintenance of large numbers of Branch Session Managers, non-operational Session
Managers/Branch Session Managers can be set to “Maintenance Mode”.
- End-to-end encryption identifier: Session Manager and Communication Manager now support the ability for SIP endpoints and clients to
display an indication that tells the user whether the signaling and the media is secure end-to-end.
- Licensing: Connection licenses are no longer required; instead, a single system level license is required for each Session Manager/Branch
Session Manager instance.
For more detailed information about these new features, see the Release Notes available under the Downloads tab.