System Manager 6.3 Service Pack 10 includes an updated and reissued edition of the Routing Web Service SDK. Other enhancements are itemized in the Service Pack Release Notes, available under Downloads - Release Information.
Avaya Aura 6.2 Feature Pack 4, Release 6.3.8
System Manager Release 6.3 Service Pack 8 includes the following new features and enhancements:
Avaya Aura 6.2 Feature Pack 3, Release 6.3.4
System Manager Release 6.3 Service Pack 4 includes the following new features and enhancements:
Avaya Aura 6.2 Feature Pack 2, Release 6.3.2
System Manager Release 6.3 Service Pack 2 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Software Management:
System Manager has expanded the product coverage of Software Management to include Communication Manager, TN boards, Media Modules, and Gateways.
- Granular role-based access control:
Enables access to Communication Manager resources to be restricted.
- Search component for Communication Manager objects:
System Manager supports data and link search for various Communication Manager objects.
- Communication Manager field validation:
System Manager now supports field validations on the Manage Elements page when you add and edit objects for Communication Manager instances.
- Support for new Communication Manager 6.3 features.
- Support for new fields and buttons.
- Support for the IP Office element:
IP Office Release 9.0 is a new System Manager adopter.
- Removal of the Subscriber Manager feature.
User Management RESTful Web Services And Client SDK
System Manager Release 6.3 provides a set of RESTful Web services that enable developers to create client applications that communicate directly with System Manager to provision and manage users. Developers can use the User Management Web services to create applications that:
- Add user profiles, including communication addresses and communication profiles. Communication profiles may include the Session Manager profile, Communication Manager endpoint profile, CS 1000 endpoint profile, Avaya Aura Messaging profile, CallPilot messaging profile and B5800 Branch Gateway endpoint profile. New user profiles can also be associated with groups and roles.
- Update user profiles, including addresses, communication profiles, groups and roles.
- Manage the contact list and private contacts associated with a user profile.
- Retrieve a summary list of users based on search criteria.
- Retrieve complete user profile details based on a user's Login Name.
- Delete user profiles.
The User Management Web Services Client SDK includes sample Java client and XML Schema Definitions (XSDs). For more information about the content of the SDK see the
readme.txt file included in the download. The SDK and Programmer Guide were updated and reissued with Service Pack 4.
Other New Features
- Geographic redundancy on System Manager:
The System Manager Geographic Redundancy service supports two geographically distant System Manager sites so that management services can change System Manager servers when one of the sites or servers fails.
- Enhancement to the merger of System Manager and Unified Communications Management (UCM)
- Enhancements to LDAP directory synchronization
- Enhancements to Trust Management
- Security enhancements
- Standard SNMP support to display CS 1000 alarms on the System Manager Web Console
- Alarm throttling:
Alarm throttling eliminates redundant alarms within the configured time period at the SAL Agent on the client end.
- Graceful shutdown:
The graceful shutdown service waits till the grace period elapses and shuts down the System Manager. During the grace period, the system notifies all active sessions that System Manager shuts down in specific time.