The Context Store ReST API enable client applications to integrate with the Context Store and share contextual data. It can be invoked by client applications that can send HTTP requests. Client applications can use the API to:
- Create a new Context instance and put it in the Context Store. The following properties are defined when creating
a new Context:
- A unique Context Id: this can be defined in the request or assigned by the Context Store on submission of the request.
- At least one contextual data item in the form of a key/value pair.
- Optionally, a Group Id that associates the new Context with other Contexts.
- Optionally, that the Context data is to be be persisted to an external database.
- Update the lease value and/or contextual data in a specified Context.
- Update the value of a specified contextual data item (key) in a specified Context.
- Get the contextual data from an existing Context.
- Get the value of a specified data item from a specified Context.
- Delete a specified Context.
- Delete the value of a specified data item in a specified Context.
- Get all Contexts with a specified Group Id.
- Analyze a Context to find out the Context Store operations performed on the Context during its lifecycle.
- Create a new Context or update an existing Context in a single API request.
Contextual data is defined and stored as a set of key/value pairs.