The Local Presence Service interface is a Java-based API that enables client applications to connect to Avaya Aura Presence Services and access the following capabilities:
- Subscribe to receive presentities' presence information.
- Publish and update presence information for presentities.
- Manage access to presentities' presence information by other users.
The Presence SDK provides the ability to presence-enable applications using the LPS. Specifically, the API enables applications to subscribe and publish presence status information on behalf of one or many users. The SDK is optimized for building server applications that can, in turn, provide presence information to rich clients, such as a Web page that shows presence information or a rich unified communications client that obtains presence from a server application via Web services. The SDK includes:
- The LPS JAR libraries
- Sample applications: an LPS demonstration client and an example of LPS used in JBOSS.
- LPS javadoc
- Avaya Aura Presence SDK - Developer's Guide: includes a series of tutorials on the use of the SDK.
- Avaya Aura Presence SDK - FAQ