- DevConnect eBook: Mastering Avaya one-X Deskphone Application Development
- Sample Applications & Tutorials
- 9600 Series H.323 Software Release 6.4
- 9600 Series H.323 Software Release 6.3
- 9600 Series H.323 Software Release 6.2
- SIP 6.4
- SIP 6.3
- 9600 Series SIP Software Release 6.2
- 9600 Series SIP Software Release 6.0
- 9600 Series H.323 Release 3.2
- 9600 Series H.323 Software Release 3.1
- 9600 Series SIP Software Release 2.6
- 9600 Series SIP Software Release 2.5
- UNIStim Software Release 5.5
- UNIStim Software Release 5.4
- SIP 6.5
- 9600 Series H.323 Software Release 6.6
- SIP 7.0
- SIP 7.1
- 9600 Series H.323 Software Release 6.7
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Avaya one-X® Deskphone XML Designer
Avaya one-X® Deskphone XML Designer Release 2.0 was made generally available in September 2010. The release fixes a number of issues reported in Release 1.0: see the Release Notes under Documentation below for details. The release supersedes Release 1.0 and should be used with 9600 Series SIP Releases 2.5 (made generally available December 2009) and 2.6 (made generally available June 2010).
Avaya one-X® SIP Deskphones offer significant user interface customization capabilities, enabling developers to define the content and look-and-feel of the display screen. The Avaya one-X® Deskphone XML Designer helps developers create the Deskphone XML and Skin XML files that define customized deskphone user interface content and look-and-feel. Customized content includes menus, softkeys and labels; customized look-and-feel includes images and text colors. The associated Avaya 96x0 SIP Deskphone Emulator allows developers to preview and test the customization files they create with the Deskphone XML Designer.
Avaya one-X® Deskphone XML Designer
- Web-based, intuitive, user-friendly XML editing and testing tool.
- Lets developers create valid and well-formed user interface customization files without needing to know the underlying schema.
- Allows developers to create and edit Deskphone XML files that define the following aspects of the deskphone user interface content:
- A set of navigable pages
- Hidden pages and their associated access passwords
- The menu options available on each page, including the labels, functionality and help text for each menu option
- The functionality and labels associated with the softkeys available on each page
- The title and default prompt line message displayed on each page
- Which hardkey functionality is disabled
- Multiple language support for all labels and messages
- Allows developers to Push Deskphone XML under development to the Deskphone SIP Emulator for testing.
- Allows developers to create and edit Skin XML files that define the deskphone user interface look-and-feel, including images and text colors.
For more informatiomn, see:
The Deskphone XML Designer and 96x1 Series SIP Deskphone Emulator work in conjunction with other Avaya tools to provide a complete development environment:
- Avaya Aura Solution for Midsize Enterprise provides a development configuration of Avaya Aura® Communication Manager and Session Manager, required to register the Emulator at an extension.
- Avaya IP Deskphone PushSDK: a Java-based toolkit for creating Avaya Push API-based deskphone applications, used by the Designer to Push Deskphone XML to the Emulator.
- Deskphone XML Validator: if developers choose to manually edit the customization files created by the Designer, they can use the Deskphone XML Validator to ensure that the modified files are still valid and well-formed.
See Additional Resources below for links to these tools.
Note: Developers are not required to use the Emulator, or a development configuration, if they have a production or lab environment already configured with appropriate Avaya SIP deskphones, Avaya Aura® Session Manager and Communication Manager.
- Avaya one-X® Deskphone XML Designer Release 2.0 (9.29 MB .zip)
- Avaya 96x0 Series SIP Deskphone Emulator
Important: The Avaya one-X Deskphone XML Designer documentation below describes the use of Avaya IPCoDE to provide an application testing and debugging environment. Avaya IPCoDE was made end of sale and support in June 2011. Developers are advised to use one of the alternative Avaya Aura® application development configurations that supports SIP users. For more information about currently available developer configurations and their capabilities, follow the link under Additional Resources below.
- Avaya one-X® Deskphone XML Designer and Deskphone Emulator Installation and Configuration Guide, Release 2.0 (5.40 MB .pdf)
- Avaya one-X® Deskphone XML Designer and Deskphone Emulator User Guide, Release 2.0 (9.40 MB .pdf)
Customizing the Avaya one-X® Deskphone User Interface, using the Avaya one-X® Deskphone XML Designer:
- Part 1: About Deskphone User Interface Customization (07:43 mins)
- Part 2: Customizing User Interface Content (11:46 mins)
- Part 3: Providing Multiple Language Support (05:36 mins)
- Part 4: Customizing the User Interface Skin (07:25 mins)