Avaya Aura® Call Center Elite Multichannel (EMC) Release 6.5 was made generally available in July 2016. This is NOT the latest Call Center Elite Multichannel release - the latest release is recommended for new development..
New In This Release
Avaya Aura® Call Center Elite Multichannel Release 6.5 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- The new CSPortal WebAPI enables the development of chat clients that can run in multiple browsers on multiple platforms, including Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS. A sample chat client is provided.
- The EMC Desktop API has been enhanced with new methods to support the inclusion of a ribbon toolbar as part of the desktop user interface. All previously available API methods are unchanged
- Provides a new ribbon-based user interface.
- Includes a built-in softphone, known as the Media Client plug-in.
- Larger area for email.
- Provides enhanced history search.
- Optional station monitoring.
- Automatic log off of agents when the desktop is closed.
- Support for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP).
- Support for encryption of all communications between the EMC desktop and servers.
- Interoperates with: Avaya Aura® Platform 7.0 and 7.0.1; CMS 18; Avaya Aura Session Border Controller; MS Dynamics 2013 and 2015; Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard, Express, and Enterprise; Microsoft .Net 4.5.2.
For a complete and more detailed list of new and enhanced features, see the Release 6.5 Release Notes and Chapter 2 of the Overview and Specification guide, both available for download under the Downloads tab.
Product Overview Guide
EMC SDK Resources
Note: Release 6.5 developer resources will be made availabe here as soon as they are issued. In the meantime, you can continue to use Release 6.4 resources to develop custom decktops that will run against Release 6.5 but which do not include ribbon toolbars.