Avaya Equinox® Client, now also known as Avaya IX™ Workplace, Release 3.6 was made generally available in July 2019. This is the latest release of this product and is recommended for new development.
New In This Release
Avaya Equinox® Client is a soft phone application built upon the Avaya Breeze® Client SDK Communication Services package. This client extends UC services to Mac and Windows Desktops, as well as mobile platforms, Android and iOS.
Avaya Equinox Release 3.6 introduces the following features and capabilities:
For Avaya Equinox Clients for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS:
- Single Sign-On (SSO) with Open Authorization (OAuth) and Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML).
- Support for contact groups, available with Avaya Aura® Device Services Release 7.1.6 and later.
- Searching contacts by name, location, and department, requires Avaya Aura® Device Services Release 7.1.6 and later.
- Support for configuring the IPv6 address in the Server Address field of the SIP Phone Service setting.
- Single Sign On in an Avaya IP Office™ deployment.
For Avaya Equinox Clients for Windows and MacOS:
- USB call control while using Avaya L100 Series Headsets.
For Avaya Equinox Clients for Android and iOS:
- Apple Push Notification Service in an Avaya IP Office deployment.
For Avaya Equinox Client for Android:
- Android 64-bit support.
- Android Q support.
To Download the Avaya Breeze Client SDK External Application API for Headset Integration, and for information about new and enhanced features introduced in Release 3.6, see information available under the Downloads tab.