- Educational Resources
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
IP Office Release 9.1 was made generally available in December 2014; Feature Pack 2 (Release 9.1.2) was issued in June 2015; Service Pack 10 (Release 9.1.10) was issued in March 2017; Service Pack 11 (Release 9.1.11) was issued in June 2017; Service Pack 12 (Release 9.1.12) was issued in September 2017. This is NOT the latest IP Office release; the latest release is recommended for new development.
Important changes to default security settings
TAPI-based applications may be impacted by changes to the default security settings for new installations of IP Office 9.1. Certain application control security settings, including TAPI, are now defaulted to Off/Disabled upon initial installation of the software. If you are experiencing issues with TAPI-based applications, please review IP Office Technical Tip #282 and ensure the appropriate security settings are enabled.
API and SDK enhancements
- SSL VPN Onboarding and Onboarding Express APIs and SDKs: The release introduces the Onboarding APIs and SDKs, which enable Business Partners to use their own Avaya VPN Gateways to perform remote customer support over IP Office SSL VPN technology.
- Configuration Web Service: The SDK has been updated and reissued for use with release 9.1.
- IP Office Select is a new upper midmarket offer that supports up to 2,500 users with full unified communications capabilities across 150 locations. IP Office Select also provides enhanced resiliency, highly secure communications and integration with industry-standard LDAP directories.
- Web Collaboration is a new integrated solution that supports application, document, and screen sharing.
- Simplified administration via Web Manager enhancements and end-user self administration.
- Enhanced security policies and encryption.
- Voice quality monitoring provides enhanced troubleshooting capabilities.
- Branch enhancements including centralized management.
- New key features including UCM V2, DECT R4 resiliency, SIP trunk enhancements, SSL/VPN remote access and IPOSS improvements.
Feature Pack 2
The feature pack incorporates the following enhancements:
- IP Office Select capacity enhancements to support up to 3,000 users.
- Japan market rebranding.
- Release & Product Overview Documentation
- TAPI and DevLink
- Configuration Web Service
- SIP Trunks
- SSL VPN Onboarding APIs
- Emergency Services Access
TAPI and DevLink Drivers
Releases 9.1.9, 9.1.10 and 9.1.11
The TAPI, DevLink and TAPI Wave drivers to be used with IP Office 9.1.9, 9.1.10 and 9.1.11 are included on the IP Office User CD 4.2.88. Alternatively, you can download the installers below:
- TAPI 2 Release 18.104.22.168, TAPI 3 Release 22.214.171.124 and DevLink Release 126.96.36.199 driver installers (29.1 MB .zip)
Releases 9.1.8, 9.1.7, 9.1.6 and 9.1.5
The TAPI, DevLink and TAPI Wave drivers to be used with IP Office 9.1.8, 9.1.7, 9.1.6 and 9.1.5 are included on the IP Office User CD 4.2(64). Alternatively, you can download the installers below:
- TAPI 2 Release 188.8.131.52, TAPI 3 Release 184.108.40.206 and DevLink Release 220.127.116.11 driver installers (23.0 MB .zip)
Releases 9.1.4, 9.1.3, 9.1.1 and 9.1.0
The TAPI, DevLink and TAPI Wave drivers to be used with IP Office 9.1.4, 9.1.3, 9.1.1 and 9.1.0 are included on the IP Office User CD 4.2(63). Alternatively, you can download the installers below:
- TAPI 3 Driver Installer, Release 18.104.22.168 - also installs TAPI Wave Vista / Windows 7 22.214.171.124 (10.0 MB .zip)
- TAPI 2 Driver Installer, Release 126.96.36.199 (10.0 MB .zip)
- DevLink Driver Installer, Release 188.8.131.52 (2.96 MB .zip)
Members who are registered for PLDS can download User CDs from Avaya Support.
Software Development Kits
The SMDR interface is described in Chapter 24 of the document below:
- SSL VPN Onboarding SDK, Release 9.1 (1.22 MB .zip)
- SSL VPN Onboarding Developer’s Guide, Release 9.1 (1.11 MB .pdf)
- SSL VPN Onboarding Express SDK, Release 9.1 (826 KB .zip)
- SSL VPN Onboarding Express Developer’s Guide, Release 9.1 (681 KB .pdf)
Note that the Emergency Services Call Alarm guide contains links to the on-line version of IP Office Manager Release 9.0.3, located in the IP Office Knowledge Base. The PDF version of IP Office Manager Release 9.0.3 is provided below for those who cannot access the Knowledge Base. The referenced information can be found in sections 10.3.8 and 10.25:
- IP Office Manager Release 9.0.3 (19.1 MB .pdf)
The white paper below offers guidelines on best practices in supporting Emergency Services requirements and how specific IP Office features can be used to satisfy those requirements.: