Control Applications for Scopia XT Series
Management of the Scopia XT Series room-based video conferencing systems through AMX, Crestron and Extron control devices provides an opportunity for Avaya's network of channel partners and systems integrators to deliver customized solutions incorporating the Scopia XT Series and control of other automated systems within their state-of-the-art conference rooms.
Scopia's flexible approach in supporting all three of the leading control vendors enables partners to meet the unique requirements of each customer deployment. AV integrators can now offer a single point of control for the Scopia XT Series video conferencing systems as well as room elements such as, lighting, window fixtures, displays, projectors and screens, speakers, microphones, presentation computers and other peripherals. Customers can define the user experience that fits their conference room and be offered a distinct customized control experience for the video conferencing system and its environs.
- Software is available for skilled systems integrators to minimize the effort required to integrate the Scopia XT Series (XT4000 Series, XT Executive 240, XT5000 Series and XT7000 Series) with the control applications
- Control application can be used as well for XT1000 Series (currently EOS), with the limitations listed in the API document
- Working samples for AMX and Crestron are available under the RELEASES information
- Updated drivers for Extron control devices are available on the Extron support website (www.extron.com)
- IR simulator downloads include a capture file of the IR signals from the Scopia XT remote control; these are difficult to acquire using AMX or Crestron capture programs
- Serial connectivity requires a USB-to-serial RS232 adapter. USB-to-serial adapters based on FTD chipset are supported. The Aten UC-232A has been tested and qualified with XT Series in the Avaya laboratories.
- IMPORTANT: DevConnect does not provide technical support for, or compliance testing of, for solutions that use the Scopia XT Control APIs