Godfrey
We use DMCC.net to implement agent state.

1. We monitor a huntgroup for agent login and logout events (etc.)
2. We monitor about 120 VDNs for call events (we are mostly interested in call entered and call cleared events)
3. There are about 4000 extensions in total that we monitor.

Today, we are monitoring about 100 agents' agent states. This means that we poll for agent state at certain interval. This polling interval is currently set to 5seconds.

If I look at the message count in the AES cti-links screen in the Communication Manager, do I see a count of only agent state requests and responses from my application? If not what other message types are included in this count?

JohnBiggs
The message count there includes all ASAI message traffic (including handshakes). DMCC message begets, TSAPI message(s), which begets ASAI message(s). So it is not one to one. You can get some idea about what is going across that link by using the message sequencer tracer functionality on Communication Manager and monitoring 'ASAI' traffic to the appropriate AES (IP I believe). You can then observe the traffic using the CM Web OA&M under log files, and Interpreted Message Sequencer Trace (ensure that the Trace Analyzer is enabled on the 'change mst' form when you do so).
Go to:   
Mobile view